Business Critical Support Engineer
Business Critical Support Engineer
Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications channels with insights on what’s being captured. Smarsh customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 8 European, top 5 Canadian, and top 3 Asian banks. The Smarsh advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data.
At Smarsh, we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 1998. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, PRA, FCA and with our customers, to ensure they understand capabilities of today’s technology and our platform meets their most stringent requirements. Our products include Connected Capture, Connected Archive, Web Archive & Business Solutions.
We recently acquired Digital Reasoning, the global leader in natural language processing (NLP), artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML). The addition of Digital Reasoning’s capabilities and expertise will further enable Smarsh customers to spot risks before they happen, maximize the scalability of supervision teams, and uncover strategic insights from large volumes of data in real-time.
As a Business Critical Support Engineer, you will be working directly with our customers to audit, document, troubleshoot, customize, and advise on their Natural Language Processing (NLP), machine learning solution. You will be responsible for reviewing tickets submitted through our Salesforce and follow-up with the customer. Using a positive attitude and great communication skills you will be driving our relationship with our customers, providing them consultancy services and advising them on best practices. This role will be learning/working with the following technologies: SQL, Java, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Cloudera, and our Natural Language Processing (NLP) platform.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with multiple customers understanding their unique configurations
- Receive, review, analyze, and troubleshoot system issues reported to you directly or through Salesforce.
- Advise the customer’s engineering and operations teams regarding standard tasks and maintenance
- Work with the Solution Engineering (Professional Services) and Product Engineering teams to escalate issues when appropriate
- Evaluate the customers’ system health, identify and recommend upgrades as appropriate
- Provide consultation and training services as contracted by customers
- Work with the Solution Engineering team to create and review handover documentation and successfully transition new customers to the support system
- Hold regular/scheduled meeting with customers proactively communicating on existing requests
- Develop and run reports, track and log issues within our Salesforce system
- This position may require occasional weekend or holiday coverage and up to 25% travel, some of which may be international travel
- 40% Troubleshooting
- 30% ticket review, statusing, reporting, and customer communication
- 20% cross-department coordination
- 10% development time
General Required Competencies
- Strong technical competency
- Experience troubleshooting technical solutions
- Proven customer interaction, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Experience assessing situations, responding appropriately, and providing solutions
- Proven customer interaction, organization, and problem solving-skills
- Ability to express technical concepts in terms that are understandable to non-technical teams
- Focus on quality and stability
- Solution driven – ability to listen to concerns, assess situations and respond appropriately
Desired skills & experience
- Approximately 3+ years in a Software Customer Service, Project Management, or Account Management role
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Linux Administration and troubleshooting experience
- SQL, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, working with Java applications
- Experience with hosted applications and maintaining cloud infrastructure
Ready to join a thriving tech company that’s redefining digital archiving and business intelligence?
Smarsh is the leading comprehensive archiving platform. Recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies in the U.S., Smarsh delivers innovative cloud-based solutions that help organizations manage and enforce flexible and secure records retention and compliance strategies for electronic communications, including social media and enterprise social networks (Yammer, Chatter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more).
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com/careers