Director Product Management - Machine Learning
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
Smarsh seeks an influencer who knows how to get things done to join our product management team. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you help constantly improve our market leading cognitive computing platform. In this role, you will play a pivotal role defining product requirements, building tools enabling partners and integrators successfully deploy our platform, and tirelessly champion the needs of our customers. Given the breadth of the platform we are building this role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You’ll work with our customers, partners, software integrators, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted user stories. This role will also develop content for required marketing materials including technical data sheets, brochures, customer presentations, product training, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
Must have experience in working with Enterprise customers in defining machine learning models.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically
- Excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining
- Solid technical background with a focus on customer engagements
- Passionate for cutting edge information technology
General Required Competencies:
- 10+ years in a Product Management role, especially technical fluency with the ability to understand trade-offs inherent in design decisions
- 3+ years managing a product team within an entrepreneurial company
- A history of delivering large scale distributed systems designed to scale
- The ability to articulate defined strategy and mold consensus across many different stakeholders
- Analytical thinking and great problem-solving skills
- Bonus: experience leveraging machine learning, elastic search, and Map/Reduce technologies
- Quick learner, self-starter, and “can do” attitude
- Able to express opinions, provide leadership and collaborate in a way that builds harmony and fosters a positive working environment
- Expert meeting facilitation and organizational brainstorming and planning skills
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.