Senior Delivery Engineer
Senior Delivery Engineer
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
Get To Know Our Team:
Conduct Surveillance is a machine-learning analytics application used by some of the largest investment banks in the world to sift through their communications (email, chat, and voice) looking for suspicious activity. It uses cutting-edge cloud-scale technologies like Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Hadoop, and Spark to solve very challenging analytics problems at enormous scale. Thousands of analysts use Conduct Surveillance every day to keep the banks safe.
- Implement feedback loops from production that feed into the 'Build - Test - Release - Operate' cycle.
- Experience in data-obfuscation/data-masking techniques sourcing from Production into lower environments for test/demo/training/development purposes
- Responsible in improving delivery performance through increasing levels of automation by driving manual processes out of our product delivery workflows.
- Build quality assurance processes, frameworks & automation to support fast and safe delivery of customer requirements into production.
- Be a change driver who influences the 'Communities of Practice', and actively collaborates with members of partnering teams.
- Experience in enabling application teams with shorter delivery cycles (lower lead times to production)
- By practicing shift left methodologies
- By building consistent & fast "build-test-deploy" pipelines
- Contribute to self-contained application health checks
- Engineer with good overlap of following traits:
- Collaborative, Influencer, Humble, Adapter/Experimenter, Explorer/Discoverer.
- Engineer with good overlap of following skills:
- 12 factor, CI/CD, TDD, refactoring practices etc. along with soft skills such as adaptability, high engagement, strong comms (written & real-time).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Recommended experience is 5+ years
- Strong programming proficiency in one or more languages: (ie. Bash, Go, Java, Python, Scala or Ruby).
- Experience on IaaS Providers: (ie. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or vSphere)
- Experience on Infrastructure As Code and Configuration Management Tools (ie. Terraform, Chef, Puppet Or Ansible)
- Working knowledge of Container Orchestration Tools/Framework: (ie. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry or Docker Compose)
- Build and Distribution Solutions: (ie. Maven, Artifactory, or Nexus)
- CI/CD: Concourse CI/ GitHub Workflows/Spinnaker/TeamCity/GoCD
- Security: (ie. SonarQube, Snyk)
- Monitoring: (ie. DataDog, OpenTracing, or ELK)
- Performance analysis tools (Gatling, Jmeter or any other profilers)
- Practical experience in techniques to run test traffic in production systems
- Practical experience in creating automation techniques at scale (generic solutions with minimal/no static boundaries)
- Experience with API-driven development and contract testing
- Experience with Microservice Architecture and release strategies
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.