Senior Delivery Engineer
Senior Delivery Engineer
Smarsh is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications channels with insights on what’s being captured. Smarsh customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 8 European, top 5 Canadian, and top 3 Asian banks. The Smarsh advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data.
At Smarsh, we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 1998. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, and the PRA and FCA, and with our customers, to ensure that they understand the capabilities of today’s technology and that our platform meets their most stringent requirements. Our products include Conduct Surveillance, Connected Capture, Connected Archive, Web Archive & Business Solutions.
Get To Know Our Team:
Conduct Surveillance is a machine-learning analytics application used by some of the largest investment banks in the world to sift through their communications (email, chat, and voice) looking for suspicious activity. It uses cutting-edge cloud-scale technologies like Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Hadoop, and Spark to solve very challenging analytics problems at enormous scale. Thousands of analysts use Conduct Surveillance every day to keep the banks safe.
Get To Know the Role
- Implement feedback loops from production that feed into the 'Build - Test - Release - Operate' cycle.
- Experience in data-obfuscation/data-masking techniques sourcing from Production into lower environments for test/demo/training/development purposes
- Responsible in improving delivery performance through increasing levels of automation by driving manual processes out of our product delivery workflows.
- Build quality assurance processes, frameworks & automation to support fast and safe delivery of customer requirements into production.
- Be a change driver who influences the 'Communities of Practice', and actively collaborates with members of partnering teams.
- Experience in enabling application teams with shorter delivery cycles (lower lead times to production)
- By practicing shift left methodologies
- By building consistent & fast "build-test-deploy" pipelines
- Contribute to self-contained application health checks
- Engineer with good overlap of following traits:
- Collaborative, Influencer, Humble, Adapter/Experimenter, Explorer/Discoverer.
- Engineer with good overlap of following skills:
- 12 factor, CI/CD, TDD, refactoring practices etc. along with soft skills such as adaptability, high engagement, strong comms (written & real-time).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Recommended experience is 5+ years
- Strong programming proficiency in one or more languages: (ie. Bash, Go, Java, Python, Scala or Ruby).
- Experience on IaaS Providers: (ie. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or vSphere)
- Experience on Infrastructure As Code and Configuration Management Tools (ie. Terraform, Chef, Puppet Or Ansible)
- Working knowledge of Container Orchestration Tools/Framework: (ie. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry or Docker Compose)
- Build and Distribution Solutions: (ie. Maven, Artifactory, or Nexus)
- CI/CD: Concourse CI/ GitHub Workflows/Spinnaker/TeamCity/GoCD
- Security: (ie. SonarQube, Snyk)
- Monitoring: (ie. DataDog, OpenTracing, or ELK)
- Performance analysis tools (Gatling, Jmeter or any other profilers)
- Practical experience in techniques to run test traffic in production systems
- Practical experience in creating automation techniques at scale (generic solutions with minimal/no static boundaries)
- Experience with API-driven development and contract testing
- Experience with Microservice Architecture and release strategies
Ready to join a thriving tech company that’s redefining digital archiving and business intelligence?
Smarsh is the leading comprehensive archiving platform. Recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies in the U.S., Smarsh delivers innovative cloud-based solutions that help organizations manage and enforce flexible and secure records retention and compliance strategies for electronic communications, including social media and enterprise social networks (Yammer, Chatter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more).
Our motto is ‘People First. Inspire Confidence. Embrace the Impossible.’ We hire lifelong learners who have a passion for their discipline and a track record of excellence. To learn more about us, visit www.smarsh.com/careers