Sr. Solutions Engineer
Job Title: Senior Solutions Engineer
Smarsh is looking to add a Senior Sales Engineer to our growing sales team. At Smarsh you will work side-by-side with our team of Sales executives to engage customers and leverage expertise to provide technical solutions using the Smarsh suite of products. Smarsh partners with a wide breadth of mobile (i.e., AT&T, Verizon), social (i.e., LinkedIn, Facebook) and collaboration (i.e., Slack, Microsoft) partners to deliver vital governance and compliance solutions for companies in highly regulated industries. Someone who embraces new opportunities, is motivated by professional advancement, demonstrates curiosity, enjoys problem solving, delivers excellence, and thrives in a changing, fast-growth environment is the ideal candidate. The candidate will work cross-functionally with the larger Smarsh team on several high-impact and high-visibility projects.
Who are we?
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organizations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
How will you contribute?
- Prepare and deliver technical onsite and remote presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Influence and capture the customer’s Success Criteria, find and/or create content and demo scenarios around meeting them, re-validate with the customer and sales rep.
- Coordinate and execute multiple, complex, Enterprise-level Proof of Concept engagements to achieve success criteria in a positive and professional manner that exceeds expectations and sets Smarsh apart from competitors.
- Prepare, craft, and respond to RFIs/RFPs ensuring a complete & prompt submittal, with a focus on technical and security questions.
- Coordinate with the implementation team to escalate clients’ specific contract needs and requests
- Prepare internal “statement of work” or “work orders” for complex deployments. Work with all departments to prepare for large and complex configurations, deployments, including training, scaling, and internal resources.
- Track trends and scope out new feature requests from clients and collaborate with product management and development teams to optimize Smarsh solutions.
- Help in providing internal team training sessions with new product releases/enhancements.
- Act a primary resource for the sales team in technology and solution focused sales calls.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you bring?
- Passion for helping customers succeed.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong diagnosis and problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate business value of technical features
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Patience and desire to help others with a strong customer focus
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team environment
- Competency in gathering and documenting business requirements
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of email (POP, IMAP, SMTP), mail servers and systems (Windows, Unix, Novell, etc), social media and/ or instant messaging products/ servers
- Basic understanding of DNS and email routing
- Previous experience in IT consulting, technical account management, sales engineering or software implementation experience in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of financial systems is a strong plus
What do we offer?
We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a flexible spending account that allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible out-of-pocket expenses.
Personal time off
A healthy work-life balance is critical to your success at the office. Smarsh offers a “take-what-you-need” time off policy as well as flexible work arrangements
Smarsh provides a 4% 401K match for which employees are fully vested on day one.
The Smarsh sabbatical program provides a time to recharge, to study or simply a time to do something you are passionate about away from the workplace. Employees are eligible after six years of service.
We’re big on kudos for a job well done. Our employee-recognition program enables co-workers to nominate their peers who best embody our core values for recognition.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.