From day one, Smarsh was built on a set of core values that have motivated and sustained us – People First, Inspire Confidence, and Embrace the Impossible.
We ask that each of our employees – whether new or old- ingrain these values in our day-to-day decisions, call on them while serving our customers and our peers and apply them when creating the best possible products we can imagine.
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.
We are hiring a Content Writer to join our growing team. We desire a self-motivated, clever thinker who is passionate about communication, with a background in B2B content writing and online marketing, ideally in the SaaS market. We would like someone who can shift between the formality of regulatory updates for the financial services market to the unique challenges of buyers in public sectorwhere we need to build brand awareness. You’ll work with a variety of content, collaborate with our subject matter experts to craft consistent solution-oriented and compelling content that converts… is that you?
The ideal candidate understands the power of words and the dynamics involved in communicating across all channels—creating engaging copy for blog posts, guides, reports, infographics as well as digital ads for promotion of content and brand for PPC, social media and events.
You must be able to engage and attack all projects from start to finish with flexibility, speed, thorough attention to detail with a quality outcome. It’s imperative to commit to and manage reliable work-back schedules, resulting in efficient production cycles. Attention to detail and the ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest quality standard is expected. The writer must work well within a diverse team of stakeholders, which include subject matter experts, campaign managers, sales team members and cross-functional colleagues from product marketing, product management, client services, and our legal team. Ideal candidates must possess passion for the art of communicating, the drive to look outside our walls for interesting data, news and competitive content to inspire creative approaches to the writing and delivery of content. Keep raising the bar.
We embrace the creative department essence: We are storytellers. We solve business problems with stories that evoke emotion and ignite conversation. We are also challenged to create awareness within other industries by testing unique and engaging solution messages and in creating a memorable brand identity. Brand voice and consistency is critical and needs to be balanced with an appetite for testing new ideas.
This role reports directly to the Director of Content Strategy.
- Be an excellent storyteller, who can nimbly span the range of detailed, informative guides & best practices documents, to blogs, infographics, scripts and banners
- Deliver on an aggressive calendar of content, including writing, editing and publishing. Manage the review cycle, proofing and reconciling content at every stage
- Drive collaboration to flesh out the appropriate challenge/solution messaging and key points that will engage the appropriate target audience
- Write content to address gaps in the buyer’s journey across multiple segments and ideal customer profiles
- Analyze sales/marketing data for trends and implement strategies to test, support and ultimately strengthen conversion rates; leverage data to drive and prioritize programming calendar decisions
- Propose, test and measure new advertising approaches to increase awareness outside of key segments
- Be comfortable conducting interviews and scheduling meetings with various internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with graphic artists to enhance visual delivery of content
- Develop and nurture relationships with industry influencers and organizations, in addition to partners and outside agency collaborators
- Stay up-to-date with industry news and trends
- Optimize compelling content for better search ranking
- Be a self-starter, call upon your imagination to bring ideas to the table
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, who possesses strong content development methodologies for B2B, technology writing with 3-5 years of writing experience for a marketing team.
This person must:
- Possess 3-5 years of writing experience (preferably a mix of journalism and marketing)
- Apply a strong understanding of multi-channel and digital best practices, including SEO, content strategy, marketing, and digital content creation
- Have superior command of the English language, demonstrated writing and editing skills, and exhibit attention to detail in editing and proofing
- Possess B2B marketing and lead generation experience, and experience with SaaS software companies is preferred
- Understand how to target buyer, influencer and user role-based personas, and what motivates these audiences to consume and convert
- Create work-back schedules for projects, stay on deadline and have the ability to multi-task
- Accept constructive criticism and be open and considerate of different perspectives
- Be comfortable in dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Work well under pressure, accept feedback with grace, and problem solve
- Have pride in their work, be flexible and detail-oriented, creative and a critical thinker