Account Executive, Corporate Accounts - Remote/WFH
Smarsh is seeking an Account Executive, Corporate Accounts to join our fast-growing Sales team. This candidate will actively engage with prospective new clients via phone, and web conference to introduce Smarsh products and value proposition. This is an early-career Sales opportunity for our “Small Business” team for someone with no more than 1-2 years of Sales experience in tech (or Sales experience elsewhere with a serious interest in tech) to deliver new business to small customers in a defined geographical territory by promoting our SaaS based compliance solutions. Smarsh partners with a wide breadth of mobile (i.e., AT&T, Verizon), social (i.e., LinkedIn, Facebook) and collaboration (i.e., Slack, Microsoft) partners to deliver vital governance and compliance solutions for companies in highly regulated industries. Someone who embraces new opportunities, is motivated by professional advancement, demonstrates curiosity, enjoys problem solving, delivers excellence, and thrives in a changing, fast-growth environment is the ideal candidate. The candidate will work cross-functionally with the larger Smarsh team on several high-impact and high-visibility projects.
Account Executive, Corporate Accounts should possess a results-oriented mentality, have an energetic personality, know the value of being a good team player, and be driven in determining your own W2 at the end of the year!
Who are we?
Smarsh empowers its customers to manage the risk and unleash the intelligence in their digital communications. Our growing community of over 6500 organisations in regulated industries counts on Smarsh every day to help them spot compliance, legal or reputational risks in 80+ communication channels, before those risks become regulatory fines or headlines. Relentless innovation has fueled our journey to consistent leadership recognition from analysts like Gartner and Forrester, and our sustained, aggressive growth has landed Smarsh in the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing American companies since 2008.
How will you contribute?
- High volume of prospecting activities and lead generation within your assigned territory to identify new potential Smarsh customers in the Corporate Sales segment
- Consistently meet or exceed quarterly bookings goal
- Interact with Management team in 1:1, team meetings and via forecasting and reporting to provide high quality service
- Maintain accurate and timely forecast that is kept up to date as the opportunity progresses through the sales cycle
- Maintain accurate system hygiene in Salesforce, including keeping notes in opportunities up to date
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all colleagues and customers
- Provide industry regulation changes and updates to our client base, as and when implemented
- Effectively use sales tools: Salesforce, LISN, Outreach.io, Zoominfo, and others to prospect
- Maintain coverage of accounts in territory. Coverage defined by Sales Excellence Framework
- Manages time effectively to hit quota, KPIs and continues education in sales skills or product knowledge
- Focuses on Corporate Sales accounts 1-50 employees or threshold determined by management
- Other duties as assigned
What will you bring?
- 1-2 years prior sales experience
- Track record of sustained success/over-achievement in a sales role
- Experience managing the entire sales cycle, from prospecting through negotiation and closing
- Knowledge of financial markets and or hosted technology services is highly advantageous
- Excellent customer service and telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar or working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Passion for helping customers succeed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong diagnosis and problem-solving abilities
What do we offer?
We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a flexible spending account that allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible out-of-pocket expenses.
Personal time off
A healthy work-life balance is critical to your success at the office. Smarsh offers a “take-what-you-need” time off policy as well as flexible work arrangements
Smarsh provides a 4% 401K match for which employees are fully vested on day one.
The Smarsh sabbatical program provides a time to recharge, to study or simply a time to do something you are passionate about away from the workplace. Employees are eligible after six years of service.
We’re big on kudos for a job well done. Our employee-recognition program enables co-workers to nominate their peers who best embody our core values for recognition.
About our culture
Smarsh hires lifelong learners with a passion for innovating with purpose, humility and humor. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We work closely with the most popular communications platforms and the world’s leading cloud infrastructure platforms. We use the latest in AI/ML technology to help our customers break new ground at scale. We are a global organization that values diversity, and we believe that providing opportunities for everyone to be their authentic self is key to our success. Smarsh leadership, culture, and commitment to developing our people have all garnered Comparably.com Best Places to Work Awards. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career looks like.