Assists in assuring that production properties operate at a maximum economic rate by analyzing associated costs and estimating the production capabilities and the economic value of wells. The focus will be on creating assets / further developing existing assets, implementing development plans and managing assets to maximize profitability.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and analyze producing properties for profitability, participate in making recommendations for operational improvements.
- Optimize production from new and existing wells, determining if intervention is needed, when and how it should be performed, and by designing and installing the artificial lift application.
- Work closely with Reservoir Engineers, Geologists and land personnel to maximize the value of assigned assets.
- Monitor daily production volumes for discrepancies.
- Collaborate with the Asset Team and/or technical professionals with project planning and AFE generation for new operated wells.
- Provide detailed input to well operations staff on all aspects of well completion/production operations design.
- Ensure facilities and infrastructure are ready and new wells are connected in a timely manner to maximize revenue capture.
- Prepare written procedures and economic evaluations for well intervention, optimization and upgrade projects and periodically supervise execution.
- Gather data to help Reservoir Engineering, Geology and Geophysical disciplines understand the resource.
- Monitor competitor activity and well performance to obtain competitive advantage and assist in managing manage non-op capital commitments.
- On call support, including nights and weekends may be required.
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with SM facilities.
- Other duties as assigned
Working knowledge of production operations, artificial lift methods and facility construction. Takes initiative to increase technical knowledge through practical application. Demonstrates understanding of a basin/resource play. General understanding of Reservoir and Completion Engineering.
B.S. degree in Engineering is required, Petroleum Engineering is preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of applicable experience