Sr. Geoscience Technician - Corporate
The Sr. Geoscience Technician is part of a cross-functional team focusing on geoscience related data management and software support, specifically Petrel and ArcGIS. Candidates for this role will be asked to have a strong background working with geoscience and geophysical data. Responsibilities include geologic and seismic database management, software support, data loading and troubleshooting. This will be a role on the corporate staff that will support teams on an as-needed basis.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to geoscience staff by utilizing database information and software tools to manipulate and analyze data.
- Have a strong working knowledge of a wide variety of geoscience data types and naming conventions.
- Ability to harvest data from various sources for advance analysis in Spotfire, ArcGIS, Petrel and other programs.
- Manage data in geoscience software database to include tops, logs, perforations, directional surveys, zone data, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of seismic data types, seismic data loading and QC.
- Manage geologic team files including e-logs, mud logs, maps, drilling and completion reports.
- Monitor new technology developments for application to project tasks.
- Gather and post drilling and completion activity data for operation and asset teams.
- Provide training and mentorship to new users.
- Provide user support for Petrel and ArcGIS including installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conduct business safely and with the highest ethical standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competent level of skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office. Competent with computer mapping software including ESRI ArcGIS and/or Global Mapper, Spotfire and geologic and geophysical computer software applications for SMT Kingdom and Petrel. Ability to use programming language to navigate database software to query and extract data from multiple sources.
Role-Specific Technical Knowledge & Skills:
Competent in fundamental geologic principles, data and database management, mapping and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Proficient in seismic data loading. Expert in Petrel. Generates novel ideas and innovations in map-making efforts. SQL/ data query knowledge attained. ArcGIS training and/or Advanced GGX module training completed.
Technical associate degree or related experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in related field or industry.
Schedule: A/B schedule working A week in the office and B week remotely.
Salary Range: $88,00-$122,000 (based on experience) plus annual discretionary bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, etc.