Team Lead, Aviation Accounting
SKYSERVICE BUSINESS AVIATION
Skyservice is a North American leader in business aviation. Built on the key principles of safety and service excellence, we provide a full service experience from Aircraft Management, Aircraft Charter, Maintenance and Aircraft sales from our Fixed Base Operations that span Canada and the western United States. People and values are the inseparable assets that drive our dedication to Quality, Safety, Respect, Commitment and Efficiency. These are the core values that guide us every day and help build our reputation as leaders in aviation services. Skyservice is a team dedicated to supporting and developing our employees. If you want to grow your career and broaden your experience, then Skyservice is the right team for you.
The Team Lead, Aviation Accounting role is primarily responsible for the oversight of the aviation billing processes while ensuring accurate and timely period closes.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSBILITIES:
- Oversees the Charter, Sub-Charter, Managed Aircraft and Student Shuttle billing;
- Assists in preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end accruals;
- Assists in the review of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements;
- Liaises with internal and external parties to address financial related matters;
- Reviews general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and process reclassifications as required;
- Researches and analyzes financial documents to ensure validity of transactions processes in the Oracle NetSuite ERP;
- Analyzes and reviews internal accounting / business processes in an attempt to improve processes and drive efficiencies;
- Reviews employee expenses and corporate AMEX statements to ensure accuracy of coding;
- Assist with the preparation of internal budgets;
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a computerized accounting environment, related to billing, AR or AP functions;
- Completion of Post-Secondary Education in Accounting/Business field;
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and PowerPoint;
- Considerable experience with ERP systems such as Oracle NetSuite or SAP required;
- Considerable experience analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports is preferred;
- Ability to handle multiple projects / tasks and prioritize in a fast paced work environment;
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines;
- Exceptional organizational and detail orientated skills.