Avionics, Project Lead, YUL
SKYSERVICE BUSINESS AVIATION
Skyservice is a North American leader in business aviation. Built on the key principles of safety and service excellence, we provide a full service experience from Aircraft Management, Aircraft Charter, Maintenance and Aircraft sales from our Fixed Base Operations that span Canada and the western United States. People and values are the inseparable assets that drive our dedication to Quality, Safety, Respect, Commitment and Efficiency. These are the core values that guide us every day and help build our reputation as leaders in aviation services. Skyservice is a team dedicated to supporting and developing our employees. If you want to grow your career and broaden your experience, then Skyservice is the right team for you.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and ensure proper completion of all avionics activities as contracted by the customer, both in the hangar and on the ramp.
- Act as "lead" on major inspections and modifications of aircraft projects. Responsible for overseeing and guiding the work executed by junior technicians and/or apprentices assigned to these projects.
- Coordinate all avionics install/modification and the fabrication of wiring and electrical component activities in accordance with blueprints, worksheets or engineering drawings.
- Work with Coordinators for scheduling of manpower for avionics projects.
- Ensure tooling, equipment and parts are available for the avionics modification.
- Carry out duties as per the appropriate avionics control manual and ensure conformity to Transport Canada regulatory standards.
- Ensure that all components installed on aircrafts are properly certified.
- Check all work and ensures a Defect-free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Perform any avionics return to service test as required.
- Work with QA department to ensure that aircraft documentation is complete and accurate.
- Review labour hours of the project in order to meet the avionics proposal to be within allowable cost.
- Adhere to the Safety Management System Policy.
- Participate in projects and staff meetings.
- Attend training courses as directed by company management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Post-secondary diploma in Aircraft Maintenance/ Avionics program or related field
- Valid Transport Canada E license is required
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in avionics project installation.
- Background in working on Business Aircraft types coupled with experience working on Bombardier product would be an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team leader coupled with supervisory experience would be an asset
- Must be attentive to details.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to work shifts assigned.
Skyservice is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If for any reason you cannot apply through our job board, please contact a member of our Human Resources team for special accommodation.