Project Manager, Maintenance, YQA
SKYSERVICE BUSINESS AVIATION
Skyservice is a North American leader in business aviation. Built on the key principles of safety and service excellence, we provide a full service experience from Aircraft Management, Aircraft Charter, Maintenance and Aircraft sales from our Fixed Base Operations that span Canada and the western United States. People and values are the inseparable assets that drive our dedication to Quality, Safety, Respect, Commitment and Efficiency. These are the core values that guide us every day and help build our reputation as leaders in aviation services. Skyservice is a team dedicated to supporting and developing our employees. If you want to grow your career and broaden your experience, then Skyservice is the right team for you.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage maintenance projects per budget, plan and schedule; project management duties may involve one or multiple aircraft;
- Liaise with Finance to ensure compliance with deposit schedule related to projects;
- Primary point of contact for customer during the maintenance project; ensure customer approvals are received as appropriate; provide schedule & status updates, ensure delivery of deposit invoices, and general invoice review with customer;
- Lead team meetings and work with all relevant departments to provide timely reports on status of project(s);
- Review, validate and ensure delivery of final invoice to customer;
- Perform post project team meetings and analyze production and financial margins.
- Follow-up with customer post project and address any issues after departure to their satisfaction; liaise with internal departments as required.
- Maintain a high level of customer service throughout the duration of the maintenance projects
- Post-secondary diploma in Aircraft Maintenance or related field;
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in aviation required;
- Strong project management skills required with proven ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly;
- AME license is considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with employees, customers, management, and other departments;
- Exceptional customer service aptitude with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Basic budgeting fundamentals an asset;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, specifically Excel, and ability to quickly adapt to new programs and operation-specific software.