SKYSERVICE BUSINESS AVIATION
Skyservice is a North American leader in business aviation. Built on the key principles of safety and service excellence, we provide a full service experience from Aircraft Management, Aircraft Charter, Maintenance and Aircraft sales from our Fixed Base Operations that span Canada and the western United States. People and values are the inseparable assets that drive our dedication to Quality, Safety, Respect, Commitment and Efficiency. These are the core values that guide us every day and help build our reputation as leaders in aviation services. Skyservice is a team dedicated to supporting and developing our employees. If you want to grow your career and broaden your experience, then Skyservice is the right team for you.
LOCATION: Napa, CA 94558
Skyservice Business Aviation Inc. Napa is accepting applications for the General Manager. The purpose of the General Manager is to ensure the FBO operates safely, professionally, and within company expectations, while also providing excellent customer service to all guests of the FBO. The position oversees the entire FBO unit and is responsible for all metrics, budgets, and organizational growth and planning.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development, communication and implementation of efficient operational procedures, policies and effective growth strategies;
- Responsible for effective management of employees, including driving performance management initiatives, headcount management and other HR initiatives;
- Responsible for providing input for job descriptions, interviewing candidates for job vacancies, onboarding of new employees and scheduling (i.e. timekeeping, vacation requests etc.);
- Drive the department to achieve sales, profitability, business goals and objectives by assisting with sales generation and attracting new aircraft customers to Skyservice;
- Oversee the operational activities on the ramp and adjacent Aprons, in conjunction with the Airport Authority and neighboring tenants;
- Foster a safe work environment and culture ensuring the effective implementation of all safety standards and programs;
- Oversee and manage occurrence report investigations (i.e. provide notifications to applicable authorities and manage occurrence closings) for lineservice and customer service;
- Plan, organize and direct FBO operational activities, and is accountable for the achievement of financial results;
- Participate in the preparation of FBO budgets and financial forecasts for lineservice, customer service, including CapEx;
- Promote a positive and harmonious working environment to provide the highest levels of customer service, internally and externally;
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education or related experience.; a degree or diploma in Aviation or Business Management is considered an asset;
- 5-10 years’ experience working at an FBO including intimate knowledge of Aviation/FBO operations and/or commercial ramp experience;
- 5 years’ management experience;
- Significant track record in securing new clients/customers, achieving financial results and driving performance improvements;
- Ability to pass necessary background checks for secured area access;
- High safety orientation and experience with SMS / safety management processes;
- Superior customer service, interpersonal relationship, people management, leadership, conflict resolution, and resource allocation skills;
- Flexible to work additional hours and be on call as required.
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Legally entitled to work in the United States;
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and other background checks necessary to obtain an airport restricted area pass.
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday – 8 to 10 hour shifts. Must be available to work statutory holidays as required.
COMPENSATION: Pay range starting at $130,000/yr
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Health, dental and vision insurance;
- Life insurance;
- Paid time off.
Skyservice is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If for any reason you cannot apply through our job board, please contact a member of our Human Resources team for special accommodation.