We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
Think you have what it takes to join an elite team of software developers, engineers, and data scientists? If you want to make your mark on a national brand’s industry-leading technology, Skip’s Engineering Team is the place for you. They drive the innovation of Skip’s platform by improving the reliability, performance, and scalability of the network. GPS tracking, real-time order processing, scheduling, and balancing are just a few of the pieces the Engineering Team integrates into Skip’s world-class service.
As a member of our Data team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of software for systems that power Skip’s Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse. Your experience with cloud technologies and big data provides you with the background to quickly implement changes. Your experience in data management and SQL allows you to contribute to the expanding expertise of the team and keep data components current as product feature change.
What you'll be doing:
- Implementing a scalable system for managing ETL data flows at SkipTheDishes
- Creating data pipeline components and logical and physical data models to accommodate changes in source systems and new business requirements
- Acting as a technical resource and contributing to overall solution design
- Supporting production data systems in a fast-paced business environment
- Trace through core system source code to identify how and when data are created and used in order to ensure accurate interpretation by non-technical data users
- Computer science or software engineering degree
- Experience working with both large and real-time data
- Excellent SQL and Python proficiency.
- Experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform data components.
- Experience working with tools, languages and protocols such as Redshift, Big Query and/or columnar databases
- Familiarity with scheduling tools like Airflow
- Familiarity with Java programing Language.
- Strong in Dimensional Modeling concepts.
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you—you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
This is just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.