Customer Application Engineer
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
- Work with internal engineering teams to evaluate customers test requirements, to identify and fix deficiency in existing test plan.
- Work with internal engineering teams to communicate customer qualification efforts and educate internal engineering teams on customer qualification requirements.
- Track bugs and work with SoC, FW, and qualification engineers to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Review test and FA reports to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Involve in early field trials.
- Work with FAE and Product Marketing organizations to ensure proper understanding of customers’ requirements and issues.
- Work with customers to understand unique design specification requirements.
- Work closely with customers to provide them with prompt and quality services.
- Conduct FA for field issues. Repro issues in SKHMS lab, modify test condition, or test script to speed up issue repro for in-depth FA.
- Ensure quality of products being developed and delivered.
- Work directly with customers and vendors
- Knowledge of traditional enterprise servers and OCP servers.
- Functional understanding and ability to FA SATA and PCIe electrical requirements.
- Practical understanding and ability to FA of SATA, PCIe, and NVMe protocols.
- Familiar with SATA and PCIe protocol analyzers.
- Familiar with scope, bench power supply, and multi-meter.
- Proficient in the use of scripting languages (Python/Perl).
- Domestic and international travel as needed.
- Education Requirements: Electrical Engineering/Computer Science with 5 years of work experience or equivalent.
- Experience in customer support
- Hands-on experience with SSD products
- Knowledge of SSD building blocks is a plus.
- Experience with code revision control tools (such as Perforce)
- Experience working with issue tracking tools such as JIRA