Customer Application Engineer (Sr./Staff)
- Work with internal engineering teams to evaluate customers test requirements, to identify and fix deficiency in existing test plan.
- Work with internal engineering teams to communicate customer qualification efforts and educate internal engineering teams on customer qualification requirements.
- Track bugs and work with SoC, FW, and qualification engineers to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Review test and FA reports to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Involve in early field trials.
- Work with FAE and Product Marketing organizations to ensure proper understanding of customers’ requirements and issues.
- Work with customers to understand unique design specification requirements.
- Work closely with customers to provide them with prompt and quality services.
- Conduct FA for field issues. Repro issues in SKHMS lab, modify test condition, or test script to speed up issue repro for in-depth FA.
- Ensure quality of products being developed and delivered.
- Work directly with customers and vendors
- Knowledge of traditional enterprise servers and OCP servers.
- Functional understanding and ability to FA SATA and PCIe electrical requirements.
- Practical understanding and ability to FA of SATA, PCIe, and NVMe protocols.
- Proficient with SATA and PCIe protocol analyzers.
- Knowledge of NAND and DDR operations.
- Familiar with scope, bench power supply, and multi-meter.
- Experience in storage devices qualification cycle.
- Proficient in the use of scripting languages (Python/Perl).
- Domestic and international travel as needed.
- Education Requirements: Electrical Engineering/Computer Science with 5 years of work experience or equivalent.
Experience in customer support
Hands-on experience with SSD products
Knowledge of SSD building blocks is a plus.
Experience with code revision control tools (such as Perforce)
Experience working with issue tracking tools such as JIRA