eSSD Controller ASIC Design Engineer (Sr/Staff/Sr. Staff/Principal)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
RTL design for enterprise SSD controller IPs. Collaborate with DV engineers and system validation engineers to ensure design quality. Enable advanced features in leading-edge eSSD controller with FW engineers and system engineers. Drive eSSD technology further with a group of smart, motivated and open-minded engineers.
- RTL design and define micro-architecture according to system requirements including performance, power, area, testability and reliability
- Provide technical documents for all aspects of design with intended readers as architects, design engineers, design verification engineers, system validation engineers, and firmware engineers
- Support DV engineers at block level and top level to ensure design quality
- Support design integration activities including Lint, CDC, synthesis and ECO.
- Failure analysis in post-silicon validation
- Evaluate design performance by architectural analysis and/or simulation
- Strong logic design skill in RTL Verilog and experience from concept to tape-out is required
- Expertise in NVMe, PCIe, NAND I/F, write/read datapath, ECC, data reliability algorithm, CPU, AMBA or Network Interconnect is desired
- Experience of UVM verification methodology, regression system, and FPGA/Emulator validation methodology is desired
- Understanding of SoC design flow - synthesis, ECO, DFT, floor planning, timing analysis, power analysis, and lower power design is desired
- Proficiency in scripting language Python/Perl/Tcl/shell is desired
- Expertise in system architecture for performance evaluation and optimization is desired for senior roles
- Fluent communication skill for global operation, team player, believer of “Correct by Design” philosophy, ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem solving environment
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in ASIC design including 2+ years of work experience in SSD controller design
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.