Interpreter/Translator (Korean and English)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
- Provide simultaneous interpretation and consecutive interpretation at technical meetings and to teams involved in development projects, such as SoC teams, verification teams, hardware teams, firmware teams, quality assurance teams, etc. to effectively enhance development-related communication.
- Translate and localize technical documents and communication between Korean and English using appropriate cultural relevance and styles of documents.
- Work collaboratively with engineers to summarize agendas, decisions made, and action items agreed during the interpreted meetings, and document them based on the company's documentation policy.
- Create and manage the company's technical terminology to improve translation quality and standardize the company's technical documentation.
- Other projects as assigned by manager.
- Master’s foreign degree equivalent in Interpretation, Translation or Language Arts plus three (3) years of experience in job offered, or as a Translator, Interpreter or Technical Writer.
Knowledge of or experience in the following:
- Korean language
- Consecutive/Simultaneous interpretation
- Terminology management
- Written translation
- Translating different platforms and styles of technical documents
- Creating style guidelines for technical documents
- Basic technical knowledge of the semiconductor industry
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.