Firmware Competitive Analysis Engineer (Sr/Staff/Sr.Staff)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
Roles and responsibilities:
Perform SSD system functional and performance analysis with firmware/software focused approaches.
- Perform SSD system testing in an integrated environment as a part of analysis.
- Develop methodologies to characterize the SSD and its integrated system performance.
- Perform collaboration with other stakeholders for any cross functional characterization of the SSD.
- Perform firmware code review, analysis and improvement by code changes.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MS in either Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of hands-on firmware development/analysis experience in SSD or storage systems.
- 5+ years of development experience in embedded controller environments.
- Proficient in firmware and software programming (C/C++, assembly, script languages)
- Experience of firmware debugging tools such as JTAG and In-Circuit Emulator is a plus.
- Experience with multi-ARM core based development is a plus.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem- solving environment.
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation.
- Self-motivated, good team player.
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.