NAND Firmware Engineer (Senior/ Staff/ Senior Staff/ Principal)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
- Gather requirements (working with customer support team & possibly the customers)
- Plan (labspace / HW / SW / tests / process / resource / capital budgeting /…)
- Setup/maintain (of the lab with the HW/SW/Automation)
- Execute/run (testing products being developed)
- Failure triage (1st level – determine whether the issue is the DUT or the test infra)
- Working knowledge of SSD interface/protocols: SATA and/or PCIe-NVMe
- Filing of issues with failure details
- Following up on issues filed
- Communication: strong verbal & written skill
- To work with Program managers, FAEs, Customer support engineers, and the customers
- Ongoing improvements on test capability
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design & implement firmware code for Flash Interface Layer of SSD.
- Integrate developed code with other modules and resolve issues.
- Debug and solve the bugs on FPGA/ASIC environment.
- Proactively contribute in teamwork.
- Proactively engage with other teams including SoC, hardware, validation teams with good communication skills.
- Experience or good knowledge over NAND flash commands and operations.
- Experience in developing NAND managing algorithms or error control coding.
- Proficient in C or C++ programming.
- Hands-on experience in design and implement firmware for SSD/NAND controllers or Flash firmware at kernel level.
- Hands-on experience in debugging tools such as JTAG, In-Circuit Emulator, etc.
- Excellent code and design review skills.
- Ability to generate product level quality output.
- Experience in software design and programming in embedded controller environment.
- Strong BSP (Board Support Package) background with hands-on experience in device drivers. This includes reading datasheets, design device driver and implementing firmware in real-time system.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem- solving environment.
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation.
- Good understanding of ARM architecture and experience in ARM assembly is a plus.
- Good understanding in Linux kernel, device drivers and storage S/W stack is a plus.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in enterprise storage firmware testing
- Software design skill with UML and Agile process
- Strong documentation skills with Confluence
- Working experience with enterprise SSD
- Working experience with SATA and or PCIe/NVMe
- Strong FA experience (need to know some level of SSD FW design/concepts)
- Windows/Linux system knowledge (user/kernel space)
- Server and network knowledge
- Data analysis skill with Python, Spotfire
- Team player
- Understanding of automation infrastructure (SW)
- NAND flash knowledge
- SSD firmware development background
- Experience with lab management (inventory and asset tag) and knowledge of computer components
- Ability work with protocol analyzer (setup/run/interpret)
- Knowledge of SATA / PCIe-NVMe spec (at least know how to read/interpret the spec + know where to get the info/data)
- Working knowledge of protocol analyzer
- General SSD knowledge (host / back-end); 2+ years of SSD experience
- SW automation
- Human attributes
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.