Firmware Security Engineer (Sr/Staff/Sr. Staff/Principal)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- As a key eSSD development core team member, collaborate with Security Firmware team in Design, Develop and evaluate security firmware
- Create test plan for thorough testing of firmware using internal and external test tools
- Define and develop new test cases for firmware feature testing.
- Actively participate in design reviews and architectural discussions
- Integrate developed security firmware with other firmware modules/projects and resolve issues.
- Debug and resolve the customer reported bugs in FPGA/ASIC environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in security, secure boot, secure download, ATA Security, and TCG OPAL, Pyrite, Enterprise and IEEE1667 protocols are required
- Must be familiar with basic crypto functions like AES, Secure Hash and Digital Signature(RSA)
- Proficient in firmware and software programming (C/C++, assembly, any scripting language like Python, JS)
- Experience in Secure Development Life Cycle (SDLC), FIPS/NIST or any security certification process and Threat Modeling is a plus
- 3+ years of hands-on firmware development experience in SSD or storage systems.
- 5+ years of development experience in embedded controller environments
- Experience with at least one storage protocol; PCIe/NVMe, SATA, SCSI
- Ability to do thorough analysis of test failures and skilled in problem recreation, Hands-on experience in debugging tools such as protocol analyzer, JTAG, In-Circuit Emulator, and other debug tools
- Excellent code and design review skills.
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation.
- Good understanding of ARM architecture and experience in ARM assembly is a plus.
- Self-motivated, good team player
Education:BS or higher in either Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.