SSD NAND Characterization Engineer (Senior/ Staff/ Senior Staff/ Principal)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
The candidate will be a member of the SSD level NAND Characterization & Algorithm team, responsible for NAND/SSD reliability/performance enhancement.
The candidate will be developing firmware tools/test platform to support characterization work, performing SSD level NAND characterization and deliver technical recommendations for enterprise SSD product enhancement.
As part of this role, the candidate will perform but not limited to the following functions:
- Work with the Firmware team to define the needed VU commands, develop, implement, debug and run firmware tools for SSD level NAND characterization.
- Develop and implement test items and test scripts for internal test platform to validate SSD level NAND reliability and performance.
- Analyze customer requirements and dealing with customer issues.
- Work with NAND reliability team to deliver NAND reliability requirements and validating through SSD level NAND characterization.
- Perform collaboration with other stakeholders for SSD architecture/FW/SoC and NAND team.
- BS degree in engineering is required
- 5+ years of hands-on development/analysis experience in SSD or storage systems.
- Expertise knowledge in NAND reliability test and JEDEC standards.
- Hands-on experience of SSD level testing, performance measurement.
- Ability to work on SSD system performance analysis with flash friendly file systems and databases.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Knowledge of SSD level NAND management schemes such as Read Reclaim and Background Media Scan.
- Excellent oral and written skills for communication and documentation.
- Data process and analysis using C/C++, Matlab or Python, Spotfire.
- Self-motivated, strong team player
- Experience in SSD customer engagement is a plus.
- Experience in state of the art of NAND flash memory, 3D-NAND experience is a plus.
- Experience with multi-ARM core based development is a plus.
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.