Sr. Network Engineer (Contract)
We are looking for a Sr. Network engineers who will be responsible for the design, deployment, configuration, and administration of many different pieces of network and security-related hardware and software. These include WAN, firewalls, routers, switches, various network-monitoring tools, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
Duties and Responsibilities
- This person will be responsible for researching, evaluating, implementing and support new networking technologies and stay current regarding new HW & SW products to enhance and maintain the systems.
- Conform to corporate change-control and security policies.
- Maintain outstanding WAN/LAN/Data center/ Wireless/firewalls design & installation docs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve critical incidents within defined SLA.
- Document projects including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with the highest level of quality, on time and within budget.
- is expected to respond after hours for service restoration, troubleshooting and/or repair of all necessary equipment.
- Ability to work well within a team, provide technical guidance/mentor other team members, and network documentation proficiency.
- Test and validate all new hardware, software and connections for proper configuration and performance.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all networking equipment, including software upgrade, equipment upgrades and assist with such maintenance.
- Responsible for establishing, developing and adherence to standard operating procedure and check lists.
- Work independently with minimal guidance on complex issues and projects, and provide release plan peer verification.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communications skills at all organizations levels.
- Advance network and system security experience required.
- Ability to conduct wireless site survey to provide adequate wireless coverage for business operations in R&D facility and office area.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Substitute with Associate Degree + CCIE written exam).
- Current CCNP certification with CCIE ambition.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience designing, implementing and supporting network infrastructure in complex environments.
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst and Nexus product line.
- Advanced knowledge of OSPF, BGP, STP, BGP, VRF,IPv4 sub netting, 802.1x, PEAP-MSCHAPv2, TACACS+, SYSLOG, Cisco IOS, Cisco NX-OS, Cisco Meraki
- Hands on experience with Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN controller, ISE, Cisco Meraki access points.
- Experience with Cisco ASAs, Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience with SolarWinds Monitoring tool
- Expertise on design, build and support of network infrastructure.
- Experience managing complex technical projects with minimal guidance.
- Strong sense of responsibility and be aggressive to finish mission.
- Network Security experience
- CCIE certification.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years’ hand on experience configuring, operating and managing Palo Alto Firewalls, and Cisco Wireless Controllers.