SI/PI Engineer (Senior/Staff/Sr. Staff)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
- Responsible for high-speed SSD board designs, pre layout simulation, post layout simulation and design layout guide generation for PCIe Gen4/5, DDR4/5, LPDDR4/4x, NVIO and PDN.
- Provide SI/PI expertise for SSD controller package substrate design and SSD PCB design.
- Work closely with SoC, FW, Package, and Circuit design engineers locally and remotely.
- BSEE with 5 years relevant industry experience or MSEE with 2 years
- Strong understanding of electromagnetics, specifically electromagnetic waves including transmission line theory and PCB layout or package design techniques
- Required experience of EM field solvers, time and frequency domain simulation tools like Sigrity, Allegro, ADS, HFSS, SIWAVE, HSPICE, etc..
- Understanding of high volume manufacturing environments
- Familiar with PCIe operation and DRAM operation which need optimization between driver and receiver equalization schemes
- Simulation - Measurement correlation by using Oscilloscope, VNA and TDR experience
- Optimizing PDN including power budget calculation
- ADS or Ansys based DDR all channel time domain simulation
- Extracting PDN for PSIJ Analysis
- Documentation of board/package design guideline for PCIe, DRAM, NVIO and PDN layout
- Self-motivated and should enjoy work
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.