SSD Reliability System Engineer Validation Lead (Staff Engineer / Senior Staff Engineer)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
SK Hynix Memory Solutions has a key design center in San Jose with focus on SSD development. This is a key foothold for SK HMS for the development and validation of bleeding edge enterprise and cloud data center SSD products. SK Hynix is continuing investment in the area as we continue to grow our enterprise SSD product portfolio.
We are looking for a Validation Lead engineer to join the Reliability System Engineering team. The RSE team is an integral part of our SSD validation process, joining forces with our various design teams to ensure the quality and reliability of our industry leading products. You will collaborate cross-functionally with our design engineering teams to coordinate reliability validation efforts and execute validation deliverables.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of SSD reliability validation test efforts
- Will work internally with 1-2 engineers as a core validation team to support program specific validation efforts
- Coordinate and manage interactions with the design engineering teams to efficiently identify issues
- Partner with our NAND, FW, SoC, and other validation teams to work issues to swift and effective solution
- Design and develop tests to continually improve SSD validation coverage
- Coordinate and automate test data analysis efforts to better identify potential SSD issues
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 4+ years data storage industry experience, working in SSD/HDD design, development, or validation
- Experience working in and leading cross-functional teams
- High level of teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prefer 6+ years of work experience in the data storage industry
- Familiarity with storage test methodology (such as RDT and design margin testing)
- Understanding of reliability concepts such as life models, AFR and MTBF
- Experience working with volume SSD test system such as Flexstar, Neosem, Advantest, or UniTest equipment
- Experience working with issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Experience with statistics analysis applications such as JMP for data analysis
- Experience with joint qualification process for enterprise customers
- Experience with code revision control tools (such as git and Perforce)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.