SQA Joint Qualification Engineer (Staff / Sr. Staff)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
- Review Functional and Design specifications and Microarchitectures of SKHMS SSD Products
- Early engagement with Product Management and Marketing Teams to understand Customer Requirements and Learn details of their Platforms.
- Coordinate internally with various development and test teams to gather data
- Develop End Customer Joint Qualification (JQ) test plans for SKHMS SSD Products.
- Install, Manage, and Debug Enterprise Grade Servers (Dell, HP, IBM), running Enterprise OSes (Windows 2016/2019, Linux (CentOS/RHEL), & VMWare (ESXi 6.x/7.0)).
- Execute test cases as per JQ test plans, and report results and progress.
- File defects based on JQ tests, track bugs and work with Failure Analysis and design/software engineering teams to resolve issues
- Automate test cases, and track/maintain all JQ reports
- During Joint Qualification process, update both internally (SKHMS) and externally (JQ customer), with the progress of JQ.
- Successfully conclude Joint Qualification testing with customers within defined schedule.
- Experience with Hardware/Software projects
- Prior experience in Storage product QA is required.
- Experience in HDD/SSD/Storage products' testing is highly preferred, with understanding of SATA and PCIe/NVMe Protocols.
- Prior experience with certification testing highly desired (Microsoft HCK/HLK, S2D and/or VMware IOVP/VSAN).
- Experience with Enterprise grade Servers, and Open Compute Platform is highly desired.
- Experience in verification of Storage, RAID, Flash, and various File Systems, utilizing 3rd party tools are highly desired.
- Experience working with various flavors of Linux OS, Windows Server OS and Virtualization (Vmware vSphere/ESXi, Hyper-V), is required.
- Experience in the use of scripting languages (Python and Shell Scripting).
- Experience working on Projects related to Solid State Drives (SATA/PCIe/SAS), in various OS environment (Client / Server-Enterprise) is a plus.
- Experience with Customer qualification test cycles.
- Experience with Databases and DB Related Reporting Tools is a plus.
- Excellent Communication Skills are required
- Should be able to work independently, and have ability to drive other engineers for a common goal of success.
- Education and Experience Requirements: MS in Computer Science or Engineering (or similar field); with 7 years of work experience, or Bachelors of Engineering with 10 Years of work experience in hardware/software product verification.
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.