Firmware Test Engineer (Sr../Staff/Sr. Staff)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- As a key eSSD development core team member, lead firmware validation projects from planning, execution, to reporting of status to the core team
- Create test plan for thorough testing of firmware using internal and external test tools.
- Define firmware requirements for the white-box test development; working closely with firmware team members
- Define and develop new test cases for firmware feature testing.
- Oversee regression runs, including triaging of issue, and report failures to firmware or other stakeholders.
- Participate in program core team meetings
- 5+ years hands on experience in storage firmware test development (design/develop/validate)
- Solid understanding of PCIE-NVMe storage protocol/specifications
- Good knowledge of different firmware modules; host and backend.
- Ability to do thorough analysis of test failures and skilled in problem recreation. Must be able to use analyzer, scope, and other debug tools
- Fast learner with good communication skills.
- Must be proactive and a strong team player
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.