SoC validation engineer (Sr. Staff/Principal)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
You will be a member of a group designing SoC for non-volatile memory devices, including NAND-based SSDs. You will be a part of the software development team to drive the product from conception, through validation and into production. You will contribute the SoC development and support device characterization and benchmarking efforts.
- Validate SoC designed for enterprise SSD
- Bring up the SoC in pre-silicon phase and post-silicon phase
- Characterize the SoC / SSD under various operating conditions
- Perform throughput/latency/power benchmarking for SoC
- Create and execute validation plan for features in SoC
- 5+ years of strong hands-on experience in firmware and software products including design, development, hardware validation and debugging
- 5+ years of experience of PCIe/NVMe SSD firmware development
- Strong analytical, embedded coding and debugging skills a must
- Familiarity with various interface technologies and protocols, including DDR, PCIe, ONFI
- Lab experience in FPGA and silicon bring-up
- Experience with various lab equipment such as high speed oscilloscope and protocol analyzer
- 10+ years of hands-on experience on SoC validations
- In-depth knowledge on DDR technology
- Experience with design verification environment and tools
- Experience with emulation / FPGA technology and tools
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.