Firmware Engineer (All Levels)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
- Design, implement & evaluate real-time embedded system firmware on SSD controllers to optimize performance, endurance & reliability for high-performance SSD products
- Perform system integration, validation & debugging of FPGA & SoC design, develop new test software & utility tools to validate SSDs compatibility & reliability with complex test cases;
- Perform failure analysis & devise solutions to resolve problems;
- Work with OEM customers to implement SSD functions per customers’ reqs.,
- Debug customers’ issues.
- M.Sc. ElecEng, CompEng or CompSci., or related field & 3 years of firmware or software dev. engineering experience, or B.Sc. in one of above fields & 5 years progressive experience.
- Experience/skills must include:
- Firmware dev. in mass storage systems, SSDs, storage devices data caching or device drivers;
- Design in firmware state machines, modular & portable code, hardware abstraction firmware;
- PCIe, NVMe, FTL or NAND algorithms;
- Logic & bus analyzers, oscilloscopes;
- ARM architecture & CPUs;
- GDB, embedded ICE, or similar debug environments.
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.