Firmware Engineer- FTL (All Levels)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
- FTL (Flash Translation Layer) design, implement and debugging
- Design, implement, and evaluate real-time embedded system firmware for SSD products.
- Perform firmware code review, analysis and improvement.
- Perform firmware focused SSD system integration, performance profiling, validation and debugging.
- Perform failure analysis and corrective firmware actions via collaboration with other stakeholders until issue resolution.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS in either Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; MS is preferred.
- 3+ years of hands-on FTL development experience in SSD..
- 5+ years of development experience in embedded controller environments.
- Proficient in firmware and software programming (C/C++, assembly, script languages)
- Experience with at least one storage protocol; PCIe/NVMe, SATA, SCSI
- Experience in the NAND flash storage device application and/or testing is a plus but not required
- Experience with firmware debugging tools such as JTAG and In-Circuit Emulator.
- Experience with multi-ARM core based development is a plus.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem- solving environment.
- Ability to jump into different areas of the system for investigation and analysis
- Good verbal and written skills for communication and documentation.
- Self-motivated, good team player.
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.