Hire Date: Immediate; applications accepted on a rolling basis
Easy Application: work.sjcccs.com
The San Jose Conservation Corps is immediately hiring 50 Corpsmembers to help advance three key program areas. These are temporary, three-month positions. The following job duties are assigned at orientation based on applicant interest and department need.
- Emergency Response Services: Help the South Bay Area respond to the Coronavirus pandemic by distributing food to those in need and staffing shelters.
- Environmental Projects: Gain natural resource management skills by working with State and local organizations on critical infrastructure and landscape management projects, including brush clearing and trail maintenance. Corpsmembers may also work on special projects such as solar installation, irrigation installation, fence construction, tree planting, or other conservation projects.
- Zero Waste & Recycling: Help fight climate change, care for the environment, and provide important recycling services for school districts and South Bay cities. Corpsmembers will help build electronic waste, composting, and other recycling operations while completing safety and equipment training, such as forklift operation.
By joining our team as a Corpsmember, you will gain valuable skills and experience while serving your community. San Jose Conservation Corps provides Corpsmembers with professional and practical training to help launch their careers. Our easy application can be completed in just minutes here: work.sjcccs.com
Corpsmember pay starts at $15.25 per hour for those without a high school diploma and $15.50 per hour for those with a high school diploma. The San Jose Conservation Corps also offers healthcare.
The San Jose Conservation Corps offers paid job training for young adults between the ages of 18 and 27. Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis and applicants are not expected to have previous work experience.
- Minimum Education Required: To qualify for the full-time job training program, applicants must have completed their High School Diploma. Those who do not have a high school diploma are welcome to apply and enroll in our associated charter school.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be between 18 and 27 years of age at the time of application
- Desired Skills(not required)
- Desired Skills (not required):
- Excellent communications and personal organization skills;
- Strong ability to work independently or with little supervision (as needed);
- Knowledge of safe working practices and first aid training;
- Driver’s License highly preferred;
- Strong ability to maintain detailed records and documentation;
- Familiarity with computers a plus;
- Bi-lingual (English and any other language) a plus.
How to Apply
Our application is easy and can be completed in just a few minutes! Simply complete the form at work.sjcccs.com and one of our team members will be in touch.
About the San Jose Conservation Corps
The San Jose Conservation Corps offers paid job training for young adults who are preparing to launch their careers. Corpsmembers serve our local community by caring for our natural resources, increasing recycling, and responding to local emergencies. For more information about the Corps, visit www.sjcccs.org.