Senior Sales Engineer
Sizmek is looking for a Senior Sales Engineer that specializes in presenting Sizmek’s demand side platform (DSP), data management platform (DMP) and Data Explorer. The main focus of this role is to support sales in presenting Sizmek’s platform and product capabilities, leading the early implementation and solution outline process and post-sale hand off to the client services and implementation teams. The Sr. Sales engineer is expected to be the subject matter expert for a team that actively drives and manages the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. This role is the key technical advisor to sales and will attend pitches, define solutions for RFP’s, structure pilots for large enterprise opportunities and ensure successful transition to onboard new customers.
What you’ll do:
- Be a subject matter expert on Sizmek’s DSP, DMP and Data Explorer product usage, implementation and positioning.
- Provide training curriculum guidance to the Director and assist with the training and mentoring of Sales Engineers.
- Be capable of demonstrating and properly positioning all products and features of the Sizmek platform, including SAS and DCO.
- Deliver professional, expert level platform demonstrations throughout the sales process to help customers and prospects experience Sizmek’s solutions and associate them with business goals and benefits.
- Articulate product positioning to both business and technical audiences and support sales in effectively positioning Sizmek’s solutions against competing offerings.
- Maintain existing and develop new capabilities and approaches for sales to demonstrate Sizmek’s cross channel programmatic marketing capabilities.
- Understand the client’s business objectives fully and design a technical solution to meet them. This includes but is not limited to evaluating marketing programs across paid and owned channels, 1st and 3rd party data integration, and technology vendor requirements.
- Document customer functional requirements and proposed roadmap to meet client goals. Consult with product management, implementation, development and other teams to ensure delivery of appropriate solutions within specified target.
- Design and project manage integration pilots with new partners and clients as necessary.
- Support sales team in authoring responses to the technical elements of RFI/RFP responses and sales proposals, and review MSAs, SLAs, and SOWs for relevant technical details.
Who you are:
- Industry veteran with proven ability to guide and mentor Sales Engineers.
- You have excellent presentation, written communication and customer relationship skills. Significant pre-sales customer-facing experience.
- You have the ability to outline, document and diagram logical flow of data between numerous systems and partners.
- You have a proven ability to project manage requirements gathering, solution design, initial implementation and client onboarding across a diverse set of stakeholders including sales, implementation engineers, IT/ops, product managers and client services.
- Willing and able to travel as needed including international.
- Proven record of working across peers and departments both in-person and remotely.
What you need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related major
- 3+ years of experience in technical sales, sales engineering or consulting on CRM systems/processes, programmatic marketing, data management platforms (DMPs), demand side platforms (DSPs) ad serving technologies, advanced analytics products or data clouds.
- Strong technical aptitude to learn new products and features, evaluate customer needs and recommend technical solutions. Thorough understanding of integration technologies and approaches (API, tagging, plug-ins, etc).
Bonus if you have:
- Strong understanding of databases and data models—leveraging real time data for media buying a big plus.
- Experience interpreting or applying analytic solutions (mix modeling, attribution, etc).
- Background in Ad Campaign and Operations
- Direct Client experience, working with senior members of Marketing, IT, Analytics, and Procurement.
- Advanced degree in any related field is desirable.
Sizmek is the largest independent buy-side advertising platform that creates impressions that inspire. In the digital world, creating impressions that inspire is vital to building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with your customers. Sizmek provides powerful, integrated solutions that enable data, creative, and media to work together for optimal campaign performance across the entire customer journey. Our AI-driven decisioning engine can identify robust insights within data across the five key dimensions of predictive marketing—campaigns, consumers, context, creative, and cost. We bring all the elements of our clients’ media plans together in one place to gain better understanding for more meaningful relationships, make every moment of interaction matter, and drive more value across the entire plan. Sizmek operates its platform in more than 70 countries, with local offices in many countries providing award-winning service throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, and connecting more than 20,000 advertisers and 3,600 agencies to audiences around the world.