Senior Software Engineer
Sizmek is the largest independent buy-side advertising platform that creates impressions that inspire. In the digital world, creating impressions that inspire is vital to building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with your customers. Sizmek provides powerful, integrated solutions that enable data, creative, and media to work together for optimal campaign performance across the entire customer journey. Our AI-driven decisioning engine can identify robust insights within data across the five key dimensions of predictive marketing—campaigns, consumers, context, creative, and cost. We bring all the elements of our clients’ media plans together in one place to gain better understanding for more meaningful relationships, make every moment of interaction matter, and drive more value across the entire plan. Sizmek operates its platform in more than 70 countries, with local offices in many countries providing award-winning service throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, and connecting more than 20,000 advertisers and 3,600 agencies to audiences around the world.
Sizmek's technology platform supports a serving system that handles over 150 billion events every day (vs ~3 billion daily Google search queries), a reporting system that aggregates and analyzes terabytes of data in real-time, and a learning system that applies machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques over 48 petabytes of data. These systems work in harmony to serve a right advertisement to the right user at the right time.
Supply team is responsible for integrating, and maintaining over 25 different RTB connections, as well as advertisement auditing and review systems. These systems require high uptime and fluid processing of the different stages of our creatives to enable self service customers to upload new creatives, and as soon as possible, be able to begin serving ads.
We are building some of the most advanced technology in the advertising industry. As a Technical Lead, you will build and scale our infrastructure to keep up with the demand growth. You will work with talented, cross-functional teams to design, implement and deliver a variety of projects to help drive our continued growth over various timelines - some long, some short, but all vital to the success of Sizmek’s business.
You will work with engineers, as well as product managers. You are responsible for architecture, design, implementation, delivery of projects involving multiple teams and spanning multiple quarters.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Project Managers to convert business requirements to Software Designs
- Manage and balance the SDLC against both technical and business goals
- Implement, review, and revise software patches to add features, improve performance, increase both readability and testability
- Implement, review, and revise build/deployment systems, utilizing CI/CD Pipelines (using Docker, Jenkins, etc)
- Work in an agile development cycle
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience Software Development and the SDLC
- 2+ years of development experience in Java technologies. Strong coding and scripting ability.
- 2+ years experience with unit testing tools (junit, specs, etc)
- Experience working/debugging in large scale distributed computing infrastructures
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures and be able to assess trade offs between memory vs. CPU vs. I/O vs. database load etc.
- Solid understanding of build systems
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related fields.
Nice to have but not necessary:
- Scala/Slick/Play experience.
- Gradle experience