Senior Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
Sizmek is the largest independent buy-side advertising platform that creates impressions that inspire. In the digital world, creating impressions that inspire is vital to building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with your customers. Sizmek provides powerful, integrated solutions that enable data, creative, and media to work together for optimal campaign performance across the entire customer journey. Our AI-driven decisioning engine can identify robust insights within data across the five key dimensions of predictive marketing—campaigns, consumers, context, creative, and cost. We bring all the elements of our clients’ media plans together in one place to gain better understanding for more meaningful relationships, make every moment of interaction matter, and drive more value across the entire plan. Sizmek operates its platform in more than 70 countries, with local offices in many countries providing award-winning service throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, and connecting more than 20,000 advertisers and 3,600 agencies to audiences around the world.
As the Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure, you will be at the center of Sizmek’s Data Engineering. Your key areas of focus will be building scalable data & analytics pipelines. This role will be based in New York/Connecticut reporting to Sr. Engineering Manager, DMP Data team and will work collaboratively with DSP & SAS Data teams. This is a highly visible role requiring strong engineering skills using state of the art big data technologies.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Build fault-tolerant, scalable batch and real-time distributed data processing systems using Kafka, Spark, Vertica, Hive, Map-Reduce, HBase, Java/Scala/Python etc.
- Low level systems debugging, performance measurement & optimization on large production clusters
- Participate in design discussions and take ownership and responsibility of key components
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer tech stacks and architectures
- Contribute to open source and represent Sizmek in technical conferences
- 5+ years of experience in working with large scale/high-throughput/multi-tenant distributed systems using one or more of the above technologies
- 5+ years of experience building software in at least one languages in a production environment (JVM experience preferred)
- Ability to design and independently implement scalable components using above technologies
- Strong team player and self starter
- Experience or interest as open source contributor
- Experience with columnar databases such as Vertica, HBase will be a plus