Software Engineer - Real Time
Sizmek is the largest independent buy-side advertising platform that creates impressions that inspire. In the digital world, creating impressions that inspire is vital to building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with your customers. Sizmek provides powerful, integrated solutions that enable data, creative, and media to work together for optimal campaign performance across the entire customer journey. Our AI-driven decisioning engine can identify robust insights within data across the five key dimensions of predictive marketing—campaigns, consumers, context, creative, and cost. We bring all the elements of our clients’ media plans together in one place to gain better understanding for more meaningful relationships, make every moment of interaction matter, and drive more value across the entire plan. Sizmek operates its platform in more than 70 countries, with local offices in many countries providing award-winning service throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, and connecting more than 20,000 advertisers and 3,600 agencies to audiences around the world.
About the role
Sizmek is seeking a Software Engineer to be a part of the Ad Server Team. The Ad Server team in Sizmek is responsible for designing & developing distributed, scalable & high-performance servers’ infrastructure & managing billions of requests per day. The system is distributed worldwide via several data centers as well as AWS environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and develop high-volume, scalable, and fault-tolerant back-end server systems.
- Design and develop complex applicative logic on top of the infrastructure.
- Support the operation team in handling production related issues.
You will work with product managers, engineers and talented, cross-functional teams to design, implement and deliver a variety of projects all vital to the success of Sizmek business.
What will you need to succeed?
- At least 5 years of developing / maintaining production systems.
- Expert in server side technologies
- C++, OO programming.
- Multiple threading (Windows environment an advantage).
- Experience in developing high-quality business logic on server side.
- Wide knowledge of C++ STL.
- Linux experience – an advantage.
- Experience with the C++14 standard / boost - an advantage.
- Experience with NoSQL DBs (e.g. couchbase) – an advantage.
- Experience with SQL – an advantage.
- Experienced analyzing data
- Responsible, dedicated and responsive.
- Highly motivated, resourceful and intelligent.
- Superb problem-solving capabilities.
- Self-driven & team player.
- Experience in Agile methodology - an advantage.
- Education - BSc/MSc/PhD In computer science