Senior System Engineer
As the Senior System Engineer, you will be at the center of Sizmek’s infrastructure environment. Your key areas of focus will be system administration of the Data Management Platform. This role will be based in Norwalk, CT and will work collaboratively with the Data Management Platform (DMP) teams. This is a highly visible role requiring a strong skill set in Linux administration, networking, and DevOps.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Deploy applications using automation tools such as puppet and/or ansible.
- Create and/or maintain scripts using Perl, Python and bash.
- Responsible for incident and trouble ticket resolution for the production environment.
- Experience with Jenkins and pipeline as code concepts.
- Document changes to the production infrastructure (e.g. Confluence, Jira).
- Perform operating system and application installations, maintenance, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Adhere to existing IT policy and procedures.
- Assist developers/QA personnel with with OS or system related issues and automation.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or 10 years related experience.
- Expertise in Linux: CentOS 6 and 7.
- Experience in networking: LACP, VLAN, NFS, DNS, SNMP, LDAP, troubleshooting, and performance testing.
- Expertise in virtualization experience (KVM, VMware, etc); Docker experience a plus.
- Expertise working in global Enterprise IT environments.
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL, and noSQL databases.
- Experience with load balancing (e.g. HAProxy, A10).
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills for application, systems and network.
- Experience with Tomcat, Nginx, and Apache.
- Experience with DevOPs tools: Puppet, Redis, Nagios, Graphite, Logstash, Elastic Search, Ansible.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS)
- Working knowledge of Hadoop software (e.g. ZooKeeper, HDFS, HBase)
Sizmek is the largest independent buy-side advertising platform that creates impressions that inspire. In the digital world, creating impressions that inspire is vital to building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with your customers. Sizmek provides powerful, integrated solutions that enable data, creative, and media to work together for optimal campaign performance across the entire customer journey. Our AI-driven decisioning engine can identify robust insights within data across the five key dimensions of predictive marketing—campaigns, consumers, context, creative, and cost. We bring all the elements of our clients’ media plans together in one place to gain better understanding for more meaningful relationships, make every moment of interaction matter, and drive more value across the entire plan. Sizmek operates its platform in more than 70 countries, with local offices in many countries providing award-winning service throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, and connecting more than 20,000 advertisers and 3,600 agencies to audiences around the world.