Data Solutions Engineer
Peer39 [by Sizmek] is the global leading provider of pre-bid contextual classification and brand safety solution for agencies, advertisers and publishers. Our page level-semantic engine is based on sophisticated AI engine geared towards providing campaign lift and return on ad spend. Peer39 is integrated into all major DSPs (e.g. Appnexus, MediaMath, TheTradeDesk and Basis DSP) and covers over 80% of the programmatic advertising traffic.
We are a small driven team, who is globally responsible for the business of one of the most highly focused products in Sizmek.
Our business is growing and we are seeking a Solutions / Data Engineer to join our New York-based team under Peer39 and AdTech Partnerships Team.
In this critical role, you will partner with our sales, account management, support, product and partnership teams to ensure success of the current running business integrations, delivering first class solutions and services in order to exceed client expectations and drive revenue growth.
What you will do:
Some of the daily responsibilities are:
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting traffic trends, data usage, and segment performance. Building tools around these to automate and drive business decisions.
- Managing the technical aspects of our partner integrations, including DSPs, networks and publishers
- Proactively troubleshooting and problem-solving processes and platform issues
- Data processing for billing and reporting. Building automation tools to streamline the collection, reorganization, and analysis of segment usage data.
- Defining, analyzing, and designing technical solutions to integrate with ad tech partners
- Ensuring consistent communication and level of support for clients and partners
- Assisting in launching new features, including creating collateral and educating our partners on the functionality
- Creating clear and concise documentation for partners, and internal teams including architecture documents, technical notes, internal application notes, etc.
What will you need:
- Background in Data analytics
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel including VBA and building Macros
- Have the capacity to self-learn skills, and find solutions to get things done on time
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Have a genuine willingness to proactively and thoroughly troubleshoot issues and quickly find a solution that exceeds client expectations
- Have a knack for finding and implementing creative and simple solutions to complex problems
- Be a great communicator and able to speak to both technical and business counterparts on the client side, explaining technology and solutions architecture
- Be a team player and show openness to being asked to participate in projects or tasks that may be outside daily responsibilities
- Have the ability to work independently and achieve success based on your own initiative
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent experience/education is required
- Knowledge of online/programmatic advertising is a plus, but not required
- Occasional travel may be required, though not often
Sizmek is the largest independent buy-side advertising platform that creates impressions that inspire. In the digital world, creating impressions that inspire is vital to building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with your customers. Sizmek provides powerful, integrated solutions that enable data, creative, and media to work together for optimal campaign performance across the entire customer journey. Our AI-driven decisioning engine can identify robust insights within data across the five key dimensions of predictive marketing—campaigns, consumers, context, creative, and cost. We bring all the elements of our clients’ media plans together in one place to gain better understanding for more meaningful relationships, make every moment of interaction matter, and drive more value across the entire plan. Sizmek operates its platform in more than 70 countries, with local offices in many countries providing award-winning service throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, and connecting more than 20,000 advertisers and 3,600 agencies to audiences around the world.