Database / Business Intelligence Engineer
Sizmek is the largest independent buy-side advertising platform that creates impressions that inspire. In the digital world, creating impressions that inspire is vital to building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with your customers. Sizmek provides powerful, integrated solutions that enable data, creative, and media to work together for optimal campaign performance across the entire customer journey. Our AI-driven decisioning engine can identify robust insights within data across the five key dimensions of predictive marketing—campaigns, consumers, context, creative, and cost. We bring all the elements of our clients’ media plans together in one place to gain better understanding for more meaningful relationships, make every moment of interaction matter, and drive more value across the entire plan. Sizmek operates its platform in more than 70 countries, with local offices in many countries providing award-winning service throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, and connecting more than 20,000 advertisers and 3,600 agencies to audiences around the world.
We are looking for experienced, versatile and a team player. You'll be a true problem solver with a passion to create solutions for complex data challenges.
As a Database / Business Intelligence Engineer you will be responsible for handling large data sets, building analytics solutions and infrastructures using different data sources like Vertica, Greenplum, mssql, S3 and more. This is a 100% hands on position.
- Build, scale and maintain data pipelines to process billions of daily events
- Facilitate requirements gathering process, accurately scope development timelines and document project specifications
- Generating implementation plans and managing the different development activities to achieve project goals
- Developing, testing and debugging of complicated problems and algorithms
- Respond to urgent production issues, monitor their status, and ensure timely resolution
- Work directly with both internal entities e.g. accounts and sales managers, R&D, along with clients
- At least 6 years of developing/maintaining production systems.
- Expert with SQL-based projects and BI tools (DTS/SSIS, SSRS).
- Experience working with DWH
- Experience working with MySQL and mssql
- Experience with DBA and SQL optimizations tasks
- Experience with integrations projects (API, ETL)
- Education - B.Sc. In computer science or related field
- Strong English verbal, presentation, facilitation and written communication skills
- Can do approach and the ability to work on multiple threads simultaneously