Sizmek is the largest independent buy-side advertising platform that creates impressions that inspire. In the digital world, creating impressions that inspire is vital to building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with your customers. Sizmek provides powerful, integrated solutions that enable data, creative, and media to work together for optimal campaign performance across the entire customer journey. Our AI-driven decisioning engine can identify robust insights within data across the five key dimensions of predictive marketing—campaigns, consumers, context, creative, and cost. We bring all the elements of our clients’ media plans together in one place to gain better understanding for more meaningful relationships, make every moment of interaction matter, and drive more value across the entire plan. Sizmek operates its platform in more than 70 countries, with local offices in many countries providing award-winning service throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, and connecting more than 20,000 advertisers and 3,600 agencies to audiences around the world.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. You will work with your teammates to design, test, and implement Infrastructure as Code (IaS) and XaaS functionality that adds measurable business value to our fleet of 10,000+ globally distributed servers, databases and Hadoop infrastructure. In addition, you will get to work with a team of extremely talented engineers who develop cutting edge AI solutions for one of the largest companies in the Ad Tech industry.
The ideal candidate is expected to meet tight project deadlines, excel under pressure, work well with others, be self-motivated, and be able to manage short and long term projects. You will also be expected to help optimize and fine tune the environment and systems for best "uptime" and performance. Excellent communication skills and teamwork is a must!
What you will do day to day
- Create automated orchestration and deployment solutions using Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, as well as other open source solutions.
- Build independent web based tools, microservices and solutions.
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash.
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc.
- Understand how various systems work.
- Understand how IT operations are managed.
- Manage source control including SVN and Git.
What you must have
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- Substantial experience with configuration management systems and deployment tools like Puppet, Terraform, etc.
- Substantial experience in a Systems Engineering/DevOps role or 8+ years SysAdmin experience.
- Substantial experience creating automated production systems with languages like Python, Golang, Ruby, etc.
- Substantial experience in managing Linux based infrastructure.
- Substantial hands-on experience with at least one scripting language like bash, groovy, cmd, etc.
- Substantial hands-on experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo & Elasticsearch.
- Excellent understanding of monitoring and systems tools like Nagios, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Prometheus, etc.
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols.
- Basic understanding of storage architectures and design.
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Proven experience troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large-scale production issues.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
What will set you apart from other candidates
- Virtualization experience using Open Source tools like oVirt, OpenStack, libvirt, etc. as well as VMWare-based solutions.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Configuration Management tools Foreman, Terraform, and Ansible.
- Excellent understanding of MySQL.
- Experience in Ad-Technology space.
- Experience working with multi-cloud and hybrid environments involving AWS, Azure, GCP and OpenStack and Docker.
- Proficiency with continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins, A/B, in-place, rolling and phased methodologies.
- Familiarity with NoSQL technologies eg: mongodb, cassandra, scylladb, etc.
- Solid experience with distributed systems and exposure to breadth of Big Data technology such as Hadoop MapReduce, YARN, Hive, HBase, Redis.
- Proficiency with JVM internals as related to performance tuning and memory management.