Sales Director - Central Region
Sales Director is responsible for being a player/coach to help the existing business sellers and sales coordinators and work with the client service managers to ensure meeting SLA's for their team's client roster. . This individual is responsible for the ongoing hiring and training of this growing team. He/she is also responsible for the long-term development of business relationships with senior executives at agencies in the region in support of his/her team’s efforts to engage with the day-to-day execution teams at these agencies and advertisers while holding a quota.
Director will assist the team to identify, source, pitch, define, negotiate, close and manage digital advertising revenue, service revenue, and platform revenue from such clients. You will act as a subject matter expert in the marketplace, working to educate his/her sales team, as well as the marketplace, about advanced digital media technology and solutions.
What you will do:
- Engage with senior advertiser executives to support sales team efforts and drive deal growth.
- Assist the sales team in identifying and prioritizing effort against key decision makers across large holding companies, as well as their internal business partners and agencies.
- Build business relationships with such decision makers, educate them about the Sizmek offering, and turn them into champions for our products and solutions.
- Supports the sales team in preparation of pitch materials as needed; ensures consistent quality of written and verbal materials distributed by the sales team to clients.
- Manage the team’s utilization of Salesforce and report on team activity internally as needed.
- Ensure quality client management & support and advocacy within Sizmek; manage inter-team processes and ensure efficient operation of the business.
- Take front line responsibility for decision making about account & resource prioritization. Act as a filter to ensure that the sales team only brings in deals that match the quality requirements of the company, including pricing, appropriateness, total deal value, etc.
- Handle sales and account team escalations and client escalations as needed.
- Achieve (or over-achieve) all sales targets as determined by the company.
Who you are:
- Proven experience in digital/programmatic ad sales, as well as enterprise-wide solution selling.
- Large range of existing relationships and contacts with top-tier agencies.
- High degree of creativity, self-motivation, and drive.
- Eagerness to work in a start-up team environment that will be rapidly changing.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- An Educator and business consultant – connecting with clients to maximize their potential and relationship.
What you need:
- 10+ years experience in advertising & technology sales. 3+ years of which included people / process management.
- 10+ years of overall business experience in Sales / Business Development or Account Management.
- Significant experience at either advertising agencies and/or digital media sales organizations.
- Proven experience hiring and coaching a team of account executives.
- Marketing experience, either as customer, partner or employee.
- BS or BA required & advanced degree desirable.
Sizmek is the largest independent buy-side advertising platform that creates impressions that inspire. In the digital world, creating impressions that inspire is vital to building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with your customers. Sizmek provides powerful, integrated solutions that enable data, creative, and media to work together for optimal campaign performance across the entire customer journey. Our AI-driven decisioning engine can identify robust insights within data across the five key dimensions of predictive marketing—campaigns, consumers, context, creative, and cost. We bring all the elements of our clients’ media plans together in one place to gain better understanding for more meaningful relationships, make every moment of interaction matter, and drive more value across the entire plan. Sizmek operates its platform in more than 70 countries, with local offices in many countries providing award-winning service throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, and connecting more than 20,000 advertisers and 3,600 agencies to audiences around the world.