IT Security Specialist
The Information Security Specialist will play a key role in maintaining, documenting, and improving all security aspects in Siteimprove's North America offices, from security architecture to technical guidelines and business support. This role will work together with the current Information Security Manager, alongside the Legal and IT departments and interface with several other business units, including Sales and Development, on a daily basis without losing the technical aspect of cybersecurity.
- Provide the necessary support to monitor and ensure compliance with Siteimprove information security policies, procedures, and regulations such as GDPR, as well as develop and maintain them
- Assistance with technical reviews and identification of security and privacy risks
- Evaluate, verify and support implementation of key security related controls applied to processes, assets, and Siteimprove network as part of SecOps and Internal Security Audit initiatives
- Provide IT security related advice, support, and assistance to all areas in Siteimprove
- Assist in new vendor requests and perform vendor security risk assessments as part of the Procurement and Vendor Management process
- Identify security vulnerabilities in the network and applications used by Siteimprove and coordinate their remediation
- Assist key stakeholders such as the Legal and Sales teams in customer requests regarding security questionnaires, RFPs, RFIs, and tenders
- International and local travel may occur (1-3 times per year). This will depend on business needs and state, federal, and international guidelines
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What We Require of You
- Bachelor’s degree in cyber security, information security, or related field, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- +3 years of relevant experience within Information Security and IT
- Valid passport
What We'll Love About You
- Knowledge of Information Security standards such as ISO27001/2 and NIST SP 800-53, data protection principles without losing technical background
- Hold information security qualifications such as CISSP, CRISC, and CISA.
- Aptitude to always be learning, curious, open to new ideas, and is up to date on industry & technology trends
- Proven track record to work independently while executing projects
- Security knowledge of cloud services such as Azure and AWS is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills working in a professional environment
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Must have schedule flexibility and able to work weekends
What You'll Love About Us
Siteimprove is a people-centric software company that was founded in 2003 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has since expanded around the world. In addition to our Minneapolis office and corporate headquarters in Copenhagen, we have offices in London, Berlin, Vienna, Amsterdam, Oslo, Sydney and Toronto. With more than 500 employees working in 14 markets, we pride ourselves on having a truly global, yet truly local approach.
Siteimprove is driven by the desire to simplify website management and make the internet a better place. In fact, our company mission is to make the web better for all. We’ve helped more than 7,000 organizations transform the way they manage their websites, making the web more inclusive in the process.
We also offer amazing perks!
- Great and Inspiring Company Culture. We are passionate, innovative and people-centric. Consistently named as a best place to work across the globe.
- Rest and Relaxation. 3+ weeks paid time off, 10 paid holidays.
- Healthy and Stay Fit Benefits. We are happy to provide a free onsite fitness facility. Medical with HSA option, dental, vision and discounts to a variety of healthy lifestyle providers are offered.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years.
- Amazing Kitchen Staff. Our head chef and his kitchen staff cook delicious lunch for us every day at an unbelievably low cost! In addition, we offer free fresh fruit, free espresso and coffee, free soda and sparkling water and the famous Donut Fridays.
- Development Opportunities. We are growing which in turn provides opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
- Corporate Social Responsibility. We offer quarterly community involvement events and monthly morale boosting activities to be a good corporate citizen. We are very proud to be a socially responsible company, internally and externally. Learn more about our https://siteimprove.com/company/csr/
How To Apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Women, Disabled & Veterans Encouraged to Apply. “EEO is the Law” poster can be found at: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To go back to our Siteimprove careers main page, please click this link... https://careers.siteimprove.com/