Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is instrumental in developing and aggressively growing Siteimprove's sales pipeline. This role involves prospecting inbound and outbound leads through calls, automated nurturing, email, direct mail, and more.
The BDR wears multiple hats and works cross-functionally to help close new business.
You must be very comfortable being adaptable in an everchanging environment and work closely with sales and marketing to drive new business.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage and communicate with prospects from all inbound and outbound channels—including but not limited to tradeshows, webinars, direct referral, email, cold call, etc.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members to effectively qualify, nurture, and convert inbound leads
- Understand and effectively communicate Siteimprove solutions and answer inquiries from prospects
- Conduct qualifying calls with inbound/outbound prospects to identify pain points within their business and effectively communicate the relevant information to the Account Executives
- Demonstrate consultative sales approach by creating value-based partnerships with customers
- Stay current on product features, advantages, and benefits to ensure accuracy during qualification/lead generation
- Organize and categorize lead information into CRM and/or other marketing technologies
- Identify and make recommendations for ways to improve processes, tools, and materials to enhance the customer experience
- Respond quickly to open conversations in an email to ensure prompt communication with sales prospects
- Collaborate and give feedback with our marketing team to ensure accurate data reporting
- Leverage insights from new and existing marketing technology to uncover qualified leads
- Exceed lead to opportunity conversion goals
- Organize and implement ongoing optimization and improvement on conversion rates (content, email templates, landing pages, offers, etc.) and effectiveness around demand generation
- Mine and manage Siteimprove's contact database to create segmentations that make targeting prospects and customers more efficient, consistent, and granular
- Contribute to Siteimprove's social media presence, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and others
- Attend virtual and live events to engage with prospects
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What We Require of You
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related field, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Minimum 1 + years of B2B customer service experience
What We'll Love About You
- Minimum 1 + years of sales experience, preferably in business development, lead generation, prospecting, or equivalent
- Previous experience working with CRM and other sales tools
- Highly collaborative, proactive, and curious self-starter who is always interested in learning
- Clear communicator over the phone, by email, and through online chat to ensure a quality experience for our website visitors
- Ability to build professional and trusting relationships with various stakeholders and customers
- Work well on a small team and across departments in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, customer focus, and ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
What You'll Love About Us
Siteimprove is a people-centric software company that was founded in 2003 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has since expanded around the world. In addition to our Minneapolis office and corporate headquarters in Copenhagen, we have offices in London, Berlin, Vienna, Amsterdam, Oslo, Sydney and Toronto. With more than 500 employees working in 14 markets, we pride ourselves on having a truly global, yet truly local approach.
Siteimprove is driven by the desire to simplify website management and make the internet a better place. In fact, our company mission is to make the web better for all. We’ve helped more than 7,000 organizations transform the way they manage their websites, making the web more inclusive in the process.
We also offer amazing perks!
- Great and Inspiring Company Culture. We are passionate, innovative and people-centric. Consistently named as a best place to work across the globe.
- Rest and Relaxation. 3+ weeks paid time off, 10 paid holidays.
- Healthy and Stay Fit Benefits. We are happy to provide a free onsite fitness facility. Medical with HSA option, dental, vision and discounts to a variety of healthy lifestyle providers are offered.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years, fully vested.
- Amazing Kitchen Staff. Our head chef and his kitchen staff cook delicious lunch for us every day at an unbelievably low cost! In addition, we offer free fresh fruit, free espresso and coffee, free soda and sparkling water and the infamous Donut Fridays.
- Development Opportunities. We are growing which in turn provides opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
- Corporate Social Responsibility. We offer quarterly community involvement events and monthly morale boosting activities to be a good corporate citizen. We are very proud to be a socially responsible company, internally and externally.
How To Apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button to submit your application!
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Women, Disabled & Veterans Encouraged to Apply. “EEO is the Law” poster can be found at: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To go back to our Siteimprove careers main page, please click this link... https://careers.siteimprove.com/