Partner Account Manager - Benelux
Are you passionate about creating business values with and through partners, and do you understand Web Agencies, Service Providers, Systems Integrators and Technology Providers, how they work and the business challenges and opportunities they face? Then your chance to help significantly grow our channel of partners bringing innovative SaaS products to the Benelux market is waiting!
What the Role is About
As the Partner Account Manager, you are responsible for defining and executing a strategy to grow revenue from the Siteimprove partner community, recruiting and engaging with partners for joint business development and maximizing short- and long-term revenue opportunities with these partners.
Furthermore, as a member of the sales team, you are expected to drive sales with and through partners, including creation and distribution of leads to the sales team, supporting the sales process with the partner and selling our solution to the partner where that has best fit.
This is a fast-paced, high growth and collaborative position, so you will need to be a self-starter with strong initiative and comfortable moving forward into what can sometimes be referred to as an ambiguous and undefined space.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, Benelux & France and working closely with the global partner team in Copenhagen, the PAM will:
- Write business cases and strategy for partnering in the Benelux region.
- Recruit partners into the Siteimprove Ecosystem to generate leads and new revenue opportunities.
- Establish a proven formula for making partnerships in the region successful.
- Strategically support the complex sales cycle process within larger enterprises.
- Define and help drive partner campaigns and events with specific partners.
- Coordinate efforts across functions (sales, marketing and customer success) to ensure the team provides a consistent unified approach when working with a partner.
- Effectively negotiate price, delivery, incentives and terms to ensure success from our partner relationships .
- Keep current on product features, advantages, benefits, and selling points for effective communication and translate benefits to partners and customers.
- Accurate forecasting of partner revenue tied to the leads and direct pipeline.
- Provide training to key partner stakeholders (sales teams, customer success, account executives) to ensure adoption of Siteimprove products in their sales toolbox and ultimately strong revenue streams from each of our partners.
- Work alongside management and senior members of the local, regional and global sales and partnership teams to constantly drive the Siteimprove value proposition.
What We Require of You
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a partnership role, ideally within a software company.
- Demonstratable success in optimizing partner relationships that have delivered strong revenue wins (we’ll ask for evidence).
- Gravitas to operate across all levels of an organization, from C-suite to customer facing sales.
- Ability to map out and steer all of the stakeholders necessary to get a deal signed to the table.
- Deep understanding of what makes a partnership work, including the steps and process required to get Siteimprove into all sales conversations.
- Experience working with CMS vendors or MarTech agencies (ideally both).
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically.
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills in Dutch and English.
What We'll Love About You
- In addition to direct partnership experience, ideally you will have 3+ years of relevant, quota-carrying sales experience as either a SBDM/Sales Director or Enterprise AE.
- Experience selling to larger enterprises or comparable complex verticals.
- Experience working in channel sales.
- Experience with Magento, Demandware, Adobe Experience Manager or similar Content Management Systems.
- Excellent communication and cross-functional teamwork skills (sales, customer success and senior management).
- Ability to work closely with the entire partner organization, gaining direction and guidance from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated organization and prioritization skills.
- Language skills in French will be an advantage.
What We Hope You’ll Love About Siteimprove
- Great and Inspiring Company Culture. Read more about the Siteimprovers and our inclusive, people-centric culture in this section here: https://careers.siteimprove.com/culture/
- Corporate Social Responsibility. Siteimprove is a global thought leader within the field of digital inclusion and we proudly give back to the community locally as well as globally.
- Internal training team. We prioritize your personal development.
- Discount on your gym membership up to 40%
- Friday afternoon drinks and regular team outings
- Free lunch and fresh fruit
What You May Already Know About Siteimprove
Siteimprove is a Danish-founded multinational company with 600 employees worldwide. In addition to our headquarters in Copenhagen, we have offices in 12 other locations worldwide and our more than 7,000 customers are spread across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
How You Apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to submit your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions regarding the job, feel free to contact HR Business Partner Katrine Rav Hallas at email@example.com
To go back to our Siteimprove careers main page, please click this link... https://careers.siteimprove.com/