Senior Front-End Developer - Design System Team
Siteimprove is looking for a senior front-end developer to strengthen our design system team. You'll be working with TypeScript and React as part of a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and accessibility experts. Our design system accelerates product development and facilitates collaboration through a shared UI vocabulary. The end goal is a cohesive, accessible, and intuitive user experience for Siteimprove’s customers.
You'll help shape a design system with a broad component library, industry-leading accessibility standards, and a style guide featuring clear and helpful documentation. The design system is actively used by designers and developers on teams working on features within and across our products. Our current focus is on enhancing the accessibility, composability, and documentation of our components.
What You'll be doing
- Write, review, and maintain code written in SASS, TypeScript, and React.
- Lead the implementation of complex UI components used across a SaaS platform with multiple products and cross-cutting features.
- Collaborate with the other design team members to ensure components live up to our standards when it comes to aesthetics, usability, API design, documentation, and accessibility.
- Actively support users of the design system by answering questions and handling requests for new or updated components.
- Create component documentation and help maintain the general documentation of the design system.
- Work on the content, styling, and functionality of the design system’s style guide.
- Work on front-end build tooling, used both by the design system team and product teams.
What would make you a great fit
- We don’t expect you to tick all these boxes. It’s more of a wish list, than a requirement list.
- You have experience working on design systems.
- You have strong CSS, Typescript, and React skills.
- You have experience with front-end build tooling.
- You’re passionate about accessibility and have experience writing code that meets WCAG accessibility standards.
- You have strong UI design skills.
- You’re highly motivated to create a modern design system that follows best practices.
- You enjoy helping colleagues and do so in a proactive and empathetic manner.
- You’re an idealist but know when to be pragmatic in the short term.
- You’re comfortable suggesting improvements to a design system based on your own ideas, experience, and feedback from users.
- You’re comfortable figuring out the exact requirements and optimal solution for a task through prototyping and experimentation.
- You employ systems thinking. That is, you judge decisions by their effect on the overall system, you’re always on the lookout for emerging patterns, and you strive to make the system’s elements interconnect in a simple, but powerful way.
Life at Siteimprove
Our Product Department is organized as cross-functional product teams with a high degree of autonomy, and a few platform teams which ties it all together.
We are proud of our engineering culture and community spirit. We host weekly internal tech talks, public meetups for various user groups and have recently started our own YouTube tech talk channel where we will be curating talks by both internal and external speakers. Furthermore, we have an engineering forum where everyone can chime in on architectural decisions, submit proposals for changes or new things and solicit or provide feedback. We want to be fully transparent about our engineering and encourage everyone to help in moving us forward.
At Siteimprove you will be able to grow your technical career as far as you like. You will be surrounded by technologists with many different interests and backgrounds. We will support you in both learning new skills, growing your responsibilities, and coaching your fellow engineers. Personal excellence and collaboration are the cornerstones of how we work.
What We Hope You’ll Love About Siteimprove
- Great and Inspiring Company Culture. Read more about the Siteimprovers and our inclusive, people-centric culture in this section here: https://careers.siteimprove.com/culture/
- Events and Travel.
- Corporate Social Responsibility. Siteimprove is a global thought leader within the field of digital inclusion and we proudly give back to the community locally as well as globally.
- Tech talks & meetups. We regularly host meetups and organize weekly tech talks for all employees to join.
- Outstanding Office Location. We are in the heart of Copenhagen in a beautiful building sometimes referred to as “the Palace” by our employees
- Leadership development. We prioritize your personal as well as professional development.
What You May Already Know About Siteimprove
Siteimprove is a Danish-founded multinational company with +600 employees worldwide. In addition to our headquarters in Copenhagen, we have offices in 18 other locations worldwide and our more than 7,000 customers are spread across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
How To Apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to submit your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions regarding the job, feel free to contact Christian Huusom at [email protected]
To go back to our Siteimprove careers main page, please click this link... https://careers.siteimprove.com/