Associate Cloud Operations Engineer
Cloud Operations Engineer
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Sitecore delivers a digital experience platform that empowers the world’s smartest brands to build lifelong relationships with their customers. A highly decorated industry leader, Sitecore is the only company bringing together content, commerce, and data into one connected platform that delivers more than 500,000 digital experiences every day. Leading companies including American Express, ASOS, Carnival Cruise Lines, Kimberly-Clark, L’Oréal and Volvo Cars rely on Sitecore to provide more engaging, personalized experiences for their customers. Learn more at Sitecore.com
Our employees are our foundation. Sitecore is built upon a diverse group of passionate, innovative, and collaborative individuals located across four continents and over 20 countries. The Sitecore values of Foster Collaboration, Push Boundaries, Take Ownership, Cultivate Community, and Customers First are what drive and unite us across the globe. Learn more about the Sitecore values here: https://www.sitecore.com/company/our-values
We are currently looking for Automation Engineers to join our dynamic and innovative engineering teams in Canada, Denmark, Ukraine and Malaysia. As an engineer of the Cloud Operations team, you will be working directly with the production systems behind all Sitecore Cloud offerings.
You will be responsible for streamlining and automating all key operations required for end to end service delivery for our customers including service requests orchestration, advanced monitoring setup such as synthetic transaction and rule-based alerts analysis and building continuous delivery pipeline to production. You will work closely with Cloud Development teams and the entire Cloud Operations team to ensure automation design is aligned with product features and daily customer scenarios.
In this role you will:
- Be on the edge as Cloud is one of the key initiatives in Sitecore product strategy for the next few years, supported by all of the departments inside; including support, engineering, sales, marketing etc.
- Have the ability to define the technology stack, engineering practices and solution design from scratch for the Managed Cloud Service Catalog project
- Build and design centralized monitoring framework to influence how all of the Sitecore customers world-wide are monitored and how all of Sitecore engineering teams (200+ developers) will contribute to the monitoring and reliability ruleset
- Building an orchestration for all service delivery items using PowerShell and/or C#
- Configuring Continuous Delivery pipeline to ensure seamless & automatic deployment of the new code to production via TeamCity, Azure Resource Manager templates and similar tools
- Setting up an advanced monitoring to allow system self-recovery for popular disaster use cases
- Evangelize engineering practices like cloud-first, Dev Ops, Infrastructure-as-Code, Configuration-as-Code
- Continuously improve automation practices & share knowledge with the entire Cloud Operations team to ensure smooth services delivery 24x7x365
- 3 or more years of experience as a software developer or a Dev Ops engineer
- Strong automation track record using PowerShell or any other scripting/programming language
- Knowledge of .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, Web API
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Deployment practices, TeamCity or Jenkins tools
- In-depth knowledge of network structure, web application architectures, micro-services and related technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud environments
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and logical thinking skills
- Practical experience with execution and configuration of production monitoring with Azure App Insights, System Center Operations Manager, Zabbix or similar tools
- Database administration experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB or similar
- Experience with a Configuration Management product such as Puppet, Chef, DSC, etc.
- Experience with Containerization technologies (Docker, ACS, etc).
- Computer science, math or engineering degree is a plus
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.