Senior Technical Accountant
Senior Technical Accountant
Sitecore delivers a digital experience platform that empowers the world’s smartest brands to build lifelong relationships with their customers. A highly decorated industry leader, Sitecore is the only company bringing together content, commerce, and data into one connected platform that delivers more than 500,000 digital experiences every day. Leading companies including American Express, ASOS, Carnival Cruise Lines, Kimberly-Clark, L’Oréal and Volvo Cars rely on Sitecore to provide more engaging, personalized experiences for their customers. Learn more at Sitecore.com
Our employees are our foundation. Sitecore is built upon a diverse group of passionate, innovative, and collaborative individuals located across four continents and over 20 countries. The Sitecore values of Foster Collaboration, Push Boundaries, Take Ownership, Cultivate Community, and Customers First are what drive and unite us across the globe. Learn more about the Sitecore values here: https://www.sitecore.com/company/our-values
Sitecore is experiencing spectacular growth all over the world. To build on Sitecore’s success and growth, we’re looking for a skilled Senior Technical Accountant to join our Technical Accounting and Report team.
This role will play an integral part in the accounting of more technical areas, such as M&A, stock compensation, hedging, and other complex functions. It will help to prepare the consolidated financials and prepare financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS standards, including related footnotes. Finally, it will help with research and writing of accounting policies or position papers and working with the rest of the accounting team to ensure we are ready to implement new accounting standards prior to their respective effective dates. The Senior Accountant should enjoy a fast-paced environment, be a team player and have an excellent ability to prioritize individual and team objectives in a high-growth environment.
- Help with preparation of our consolidated financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, and equity statement, together with all required footnotes.
- Perform detailed review of general ledger accounts and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts, including acquisition accounting, intercompany eliminations and consolidation entries, and other accounts as assigned.
- Ensure timely execution and review of month-end and quarter-end close activities including, but not limited to prepare journal entries, account reconciliation, analysis, and reporting.
- Identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Utilize Shareworks to ensure employee equity compensation is properly valued and expensed, activity is recorded, and cap table is maintained.
- Review or complete financial statement disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with disclosure requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of audit schedules, answering auditor questions, and supporting the external audit process for both the group (consolidated) audit and statutory audits for individual countries.
- Maintain and improve upon the current accounting infrastructure for assigned accounts, ensuring that all financial systems and files stay in sync with the general ledger.
- Maintain critical accounting policies.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new systems and internal controls that meet the Company’s business growth and culture.
- Coordination of accounting matters with other departments and regions.
- Stays current on GAAP codification / IFRS standards.
- Understand technical accounting areas, actively learn areas you don’t know through study, including but not limited to accounting areas that may include revenue, lease accounting, share-based compensation, taxes, comprehensive income, hedge accounting, acquisitions, fair value, asset impairments, consolidations and foreign currency translations.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as requested by supervisor.
- Familiarity with SEC regulations forms 10K, 10Q, 8K and regs S-K and S-X, and how to research and self-learn items you're unfamiliar with.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-4 years experience with Big 4 accounting firm working with public companies, or equivalent experience working in a technical accounting/reporting role, or other equivalent experience
- Active CPA required
- Experience researching accounting issues and interpreting technical accounting literature
- High-tech industry experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines, all while maintaining exceptional attention to detail Strong organization skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- An ability to explain, analyze, and write position papers based on research and analysis of specific facts
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word
- Ability to work collaboratively across different departments, with people in different countries and different cultures
- Exhibits pride of ownership and sets and adheres to uncompromising quality standards for deliverables.
Experience with accounting research tools, Workiva W-desk, Adaptive Insights, Shareworks, and NetSuite are all a plus and will help you get up to speed faster.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.