Executive Communications Director
Director, Executive Communications
Sitecore delivers a digital experience platform that empowers the world’s smartest brands to build lifelong relationships with their customers.
A highly decorated industry leader, Sitecore is the only company bringing together content, commerce, and data into one connected platform that delivers more than 500,000 digital experiences every day. Leading companies including American Express, ASOS, Carnival Cruise Lines, Kimberly-Clark, L’Oréal and Volvo Cars rely on Sitecore to provide more engaging, personalized experiences for their customers. Learn more at Sitecore.com
Our employees are our foundation. Sitecore is built upon a diverse group of passionate, innovative, and collaborative individuals located across four continents and over 20 countries. The Sitecore values of Foster Collaboration, Push Boundaries, Take Ownership, Cultivate Community, and Customers First are what drive and unite us across the globe. Learn more about the Sitecore values here: https://www.sitecore.com/company/our-values
Sitecore is experiencing spectacular growth all over the world. To build on Sitecore’s success and growth, we’re looking for a skilled Executive Communications Director.
If you are a world-class Executive Communications Director with experience at the CEO level, we want to talk to you. Sitecore is the industry leading ‘experience management platform’ company and we are disrupting the market by changing the nature of engagements between consumers and businesses forever.
Our product and vision are industry leading, our customers are some of the most respected brands on the globe, we are driving rapid growth, business trends are bending in our direction, and the ecosystem surrounding us is enthusiastic on all fronts.
We are seeking an Executive Communications Director dedicated to supporting Sitecore’s CEO, Steve Tzikakis and overseeing thought leadership planning and activation for Sitecore’s innovative and engaging C-suite. This is a transformative role for an experienced B2B storyteller who thrives on driving change.
This position will be responsible for developing, organizing and executing strategic communications programs for Sitecore’s CEO, including consistent and impactful messaging across internal communications, media engagements, and appearances at industry, government and thought leadership events. The right candidate will work directly with Sitecore’s CEO to serve as an integral part of strategic executive communications, building and maintaining their social and traditional media thought leadership placements and amplification strategies, proactively and reactively handing all media opportunities. The role will report directly to Sitecore’s VP of Communications.
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated, well-seasoned communications professional who will quickly understand the products, services, business and messaging that is requisite for C-suite communication. We are seeking an executive level partner who will build a CEO-ready executive communications platform and then proactively execute from end-to-end, in collaboration with other channel owners (ie internal comms team, PR, AR, events, etc).
Candidates must possess sound judgment and impeccable writing skills. The Executive Communications Director will take abstract and complicated issues and turn them into simple and powerful narratives.
• Serve as Executive Communications Manager for Sitecore CEO
• Convert deep understanding of Sitecore product and business, industry trends, audience pain-points, brand narratives, and executive style/priorities into C-suite level messaging platform and calendar
• Own definition, creation, and execution of C-suite level Executive Communications
• Audiences include: Customers, prospects, press, analysts, employees, investors – at all levels of communication
• Channels include speechwriting, social content creation and engagement, slide creation, discussion outlines including owning the creation and delivery of compelling, executive-level presentation materials (slides, scripts, messaging documents, and customer stories), talk tracks for internal ‘All Hands’ meetings
• Apply superb organizational skills to the management of high-level communications opportunities, both internally and externally
• Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges to deliver stellar results
• Proactively and reactively secure media placements in traditional and digital media titles
• Co-ordinate and amplify thought leadership through development of a strategic social media and paid placement/amplification strategy
• Manage and support crisis communications, as needed
• Demonstrated experience in similar Executive Communications roles – supporting CEO and equivalent C-Suite communications
• Deep knowledge of marketing-tech environment with communications to digital marketing and IT audiences
• Minimum of 10+ years of communications or public relations experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or a related field
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including a portfolio of professional writing samples
• We are seeking someone who can produce great content either by creating it themselves or by managing agencies/contributors using tight briefs and exacting standards
• Ability to work fast, under pressure in an entrepreneurial environment and deliver results
• Candidate must be executive-savvy, understanding the nuances of executive-level interactions Self-driven, with ability to deliver, often with limited guidance (contextual awareness)
• Experience within a multi-national company
• Strong knowledge of media – what makes a good story and how to pitch it effectively
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
• Communications or journalism experience in similar marketing tech companies media is a plus
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
• Possess a strategic approach to solving problems and communicating
• Foresight to anticipate and resolve potential issues before they arise
• Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames
• Cool under pressure
• ‘Solutions, not problems’ mindset
Position will be UK-based (London/office or UK remote).
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.