Corporate Counsel (Commercial)
Sitecore delivers a digital experience platform that empowers the world’s smartest brands to build lifelong relationships with their customers. A highly decorated industry leader, Sitecore is the only company bringing together content, commerce, and data into one connected platform that delivers more than 500,000 digital experiences every day. Leading companies including American Express, ASOS, Carnival Cruise Lines, Kimberly-Clark, L’Oréal and Volvo Cars rely on Sitecore to provide more engaging, personalized experiences for their customers. Learn more at Sitecore.com
Our employees are our foundation. Sitecore is built upon a diverse group of passionate, innovative, and collaborative individuals located across four continents and over 20 countries. The Sitecore values of Foster Collaboration, Push Boundaries, Take Ownership, Cultivate Community, and Customers First are what drive and unite us across the globe. Learn more about the Sitecore values here: https://www.sitecore.com/company/our-values
Sitecore is experiencing spectacular growth all over the world. To build on Sitecore’s success and growth, we’re looking for a skilled Corporate Counsel to work as part of our global Legal team.
The position is based in Sitecore’s office in Manchester, NH/Boston, MA area.
The Corporate Counsel is expected to use experience and expertise to support the company’s commercial licensing business in North America. You will draft and negotiate agreements for SaaS, on-prem licensing, professional services and other transactions with our largest enterprise customers. You will counsel the company’s sales, product and marketing teams on a range of matters including technology transactions and partnership and alliance agreements, with a strong emphasis on software licensing and intellectual property matters. You will also work closely with Sales leadership and sales operations to improve and streamline the sales process. You will be comfortable working under sales-driven deadlines in a sales support tole, and willing to work collaboratively with the rest of the legal team to meet quarter-end goals.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of license and services agreements with our largest enterprise customers.
- Draft, review, and update templates and related documentation for hosted and on-premises products and services, with a focus on intellectual property, compliance, risk management, privacy, export/import, content regulation and other legal issues.
- Provide training and education to internal teams to assure conformity and consistency in the application of legal policies and procedures as they relate to licensing and services contracts, and other significant corporate transactions.
- Work closely with the finance and procurement teams to improve the procurement process and with sales teams to ensure compliance with internal processes.
- Support other general corporate matters, including marketing, privacy, and special projects from time to time; and
- Provide sound and practical legal advice as a key member of the Sitecore team
- Qualified candidates will have at least three (3) years of relevant commercial law experience, including directly relevant transactional and industry experience.
- Practice at a major law firm and prior in-house experience at a technology company are strongly preferred.
- You should have the ability to interact comfortably with executives and senior management; strong verbal and analytical skills; a commitment to professionalism; a sense of humor; an open mind; flexibility as to the types of projects assigned; solid business acumen; a willingness to work in an unstructured environment; and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- You should be detail-oriented, and willing to see projects through from start to finish.
- You should be team-oriented, and comfortable working in a small legal team.
- Admission to practice law in relevant jurisdictions is required. Experience in the software industry is desirable as is a willingness to travel occasionally.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.