Senior Value Engineer - Japan
This role provides an exciting opportunity to work closely with Sitecore prospects, customers, and partners to help develop, accelerate, and close sales opportunities, to maximize customer value realization from the Sitecore Platforms.
Our expectation is that this individual will have the ability to position the conversation around challenges, value, benefits, and potential impact at a level that resonates with the director, VP and C-level within the prospective client. A suitable candidate for this role will have the ability to talk, in business terms, about the transformative journey that the organization needs to take to value, develop and communicate compelling reasons to undertake digital experience transformation using KPIs such as the cost of delay or doing nothing.
The individual will also have the ability to coach and work with sellers to help them craft their sales approach to include Value Engineering offerings at the right time and to the right people to deliver the best chance of a high impact result. They will also be expected to work with our technical pre-sales team to add a business and value perspective to the demonstrative work that they perform.
Ultimately, this individual will be happy to work within the standard support frameworks that the Global Value Engineering practice provides, but have the experience and judgement to know when and how to provide additional or alternative support depending on the needs of the seller and client to help generate and close business.
This individual will have the opportunity to develop and use Sitecore value-based best practices and tools, and take the lead in challenging settings such as customer stakeholder workshops for capability maturity assessments, art of the possible consultations, business case development, business transformation workshops and digital optimization initiatives.
You would be joining a senior level and growing global team that works face-to-face with a wide range of customer and partners stakeholders, from practitioner to CXO level.
What you'll be doing:
- Act as business value specialist to sellers within the region, to work with qualified opportunities to deliver a consultative value-centric sales approach centered around justifying an investment in Sitecore solutions via a value driven, industry-specific, articulation of benefits.
- Proactively work with seller, technical pre-sales, partner management and customer success stakeholders within the region to drive demand for Value Engineering engagements.
- Evangelizing Value Engineering offerings and Value Selling approaches both internally to sellers, sales engineering, and customer success managers; and externally to clients, prospects, and partners.
- Work to a standard and consistent approach to delivering Value Engineering offerings and tools as much as possible, while also working with the global Value Engineering team to improve these offerings and tools and introduce additional capabilities that may add value.
- Provide coaching and enablement to Sitecore partners to facilitate a joint value-oriented selling approach with our mutual prospects and customers.
- Lead initiatives such as customer stakeholder workshops; aimed at identifying and articulating industry-specific business value for Sitecore product purchase and adoption.
- Develop solution, use case and capability-oriented value propositions and business/ROI cases for prospects and customers, based around the investment in capabilities and disciplines such as experience analytics, data-driven personalization, real-time visitor profiling, testing, experience automation, campaign management, etc.
- Help Sitecore customers understand and realize the value and ROI of their existing Sitecore investments by consultatively developing & presenting a roadmap to value.
- Continuously build your knowledge and participate in upgrading the value propositions of Sitecore solutions as the product-lines gain new versions and new capabilities.
- Lead the creation of value-based case studies with customers and partners.
- Conceive, plan, and conduct thought leadership activities in different formats including speaking opportunities and writing opportunities for Sitecore publications (e.g., newsletter, blog, etc.).
- Support the development of new and upgraded Value Engineering assets, tools and collateral, helping to develop the practice.
What you need to get started:
- Demonstrable strengths in numerical, financial and cross-industry operating model knowledge.
- A proven ability to present to, communicate and persuade at a Director, VP and C-level level, whilst still retaining the ability to communicate, interview and present at a practitioner or departmental manager level as required.
- Must speak & write Japanese fluently, and be business fluent in English. Any other languages would be a benefit.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Storytelling and design thinking experience would be a benefit.
- Excellent customer experience (CX) / digital optimization / digital marketing knowledge.
- Proven ability to facilitate discussions with a CXO level audience.
- Strong consulting skill set, including excellent discovery, interview, facilitation, analysis, quantitative modelling, listening, and communication skills.
- Be familiar and skilled with graphics & presentation software, Microsoft PowerPoint specifically, to create impactful presentations.
- Be familiar and skilled with spreadsheet software, Microsoft Excel specifically, to create business cases and impact assessments.
- Ability to adjust to the requirements of a fast-changing market.
- Not necessarily technical, but to have the ability to translate technical features and functions into business capabilities, business benefits and real business impacts.
- Ability to explain customer experience related business case concepts to both technical and non-technical (finance, marketing & sales) audiences.
- A recent background in Value Engineering, or a relevant digital marketing / CX / digital optimization-oriented role with extensive business / ROI case development experience would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to create and defend business cases for investments in software, technology, services, and business change would be an advantage.
- Comfortable to present remotely and in person to audiences of various sizes, to lead and engage your audience in discussion.
- Familiarity with Sitecore Experience Cloud or similar DXP would be an advantage.