Director, Product Management (DAM & Content Ops)
The Sitecore product team is looking for a seasoned product leader who has in-depth knowledge and experience delivering B2B SaaS products and is dynamic, creative, and has great interpersonal skills to help differentiate and grow our business. Sitecore is a market leader in Digital Experience solutions, and this role will be critical in its future success in a dynamic, competitive, fast moving software category.
Sitecore delivers a digital experience platform that empowers the world’s smartest brands to build lifelong relationships with their customers. A highly decorated industry leader, Sitecore is the only company bringing together content, commerce, and data into one connected platform that delivers more than 500,000 digital experiences every day. Leading companies including American Express, ASOS, Carnival Cruise Lines, Kimberly-Clark, L’Oréal and Volvo Cars rely on Sitecore to provide more engaging, personalized experiences for their customers. Learn more at Sitecore.com
In this role, you will be able to work directly with these brands and others to assist their efforts in making human connections in a digital world.
Sitecore has recently secured backing for a large-scale growth plan fueled by $1.2 billion in investment. This massive investment is the largest-ever capital investment in the martech space.
In the past three months, Sitecore has completed acquisitions of Moosend, Boxever and Four51 to expand our industry-leading digital marketing offerings, while also accelerating our delivery of the first truly integration, SaaS-based digital experience platform. These acquisitions underscore our commitment to invest in a product roadmap that delivers faster innovation. For customers, this means expanded offerings, less upfront investment, automatic upgrades, and dramatically quicker time to value.
Your expertise will be applied to helping deliver best in class Digital Asset Management and Content Operations SaaS solutions, creating content that conveys our vision and strategy, understanding market needs and trends, and collaborating with sales, marketing, services, engineering and operations. In this role, you will also leverage your product management skills to help drive the Sitecore product roadmap and strategy.
The Director of Product Management, Content Hub will report to the VP, Product Management Content and manage a team of product managers and product owners.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing a long-term vision and product strategy for the evolution of Sitecore’s DAM and Content Strategy and Operations properties based on current and anticipated trends with a primary focus on its SaaS evolution
- Guiding a team of Product Managers to define a roadmap that execute on product strategy
- Communicating to and receiving feedback from C-level and EVP stakeholders
- Influencing the broader Product Management & Engineering teams in understanding overall Cloud product strategy
- Empathizing with risk-sensitive customers concerned about issues such as online threats, data safeguards, information security regulations, security incident handling, etc.
- Knowing the impact that a new offering will have on a Cloud Operations team, product support, infrastructure cost, SLAs, upgradability, etc.
- Researching and understanding the strengths and weakness of Sitecore’s competitors
- Working collaboratively with product marketing teams to develop go-to-market plans
- Delivering demos, presentations, and workshops for key stakeholders, customers, and partners
Qualifications, Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Understanding the current landscape of Public Cloud, PaaS, SaaS, DevOps, and Cloud Native Development and using that knowledge to design new managed hosting offerings that enhance the delivery of Sitecore implementations
- Ensuring your team of Product Managers are designing and implementing their roadmaps in line with company strategy
- Setting priorities with your Product Managers, to cover all security, performance, scalability, upgrade, deployment, and compliance requirements.
- Managing cross functional collaboration with all teams involved in go-to-market (e.g. sales, marketing, training, documentation, cloud ops, etc.) and making sure that dependencies are tracked, and release materials are prepared
- Respond to RFPs and Analyst questionnaires
- Participate in customer calls when needed, respond to requests from Sales Engineers and Technical Services when required
- Ensure our product offering complies with relevant legislation and standards associated with our global markets.
- Work with internal stakeholders across the company to explain our value proposition
- Work closely with customers and partners to continually improve the product offering.
Ideally, you will have:
- Managed a team of Product Managers through all stages of a product lifecycle
- Recent hands-on experience running or developing a SaaS or PaaS based offering targeted at enterprise customers
- Worked on a consumption-based pricing platform and understand how to design appropriate pricing models
- Built out a BI platform to support data driven decision making
- Experience in pricing & packaging, go-to-market plans, partner & sales enablement, drafting of 3rd party service agreements, etc.
- Understanding of privacy by design principles, ISO security standards, etc
- Familiarity with software development processes (Agile, SAFe, Scrum)