Location: As well as the UK we will consider remote work from the following countries in Europe: Dublin, UK, The Netherlands, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden,
Permanent Position / Full Time
You will currently be a Technical Evangelist or Developer Experience or a Technical Writer from the SaaS space.
Sitecore is the global leader in experience management software that combines content management, commerce, and customer insights. The Sitecore Experience Cloud™ empowers marketers to deliver personalized content in real time and at scale across every channel—before, during, and after a sale. More than 5,200 brands—including American Express, Carnival Cruise Lines, Dow Chemical, and L’Oréal—have trusted Sitecore to deliver the personalized interactions that delight audiences, build loyalty, and drive revenue.
Sitecore is experiencing spectacular growth all over the world. To build on Sitecore’s success and growth, we are looking for a skilled Workplace Manager to work as part of our Facilities team.
A Developer Advocate uses deep development knowledge, engaging technical writing and persuasive presentation skills to show the endless possibilities of creating unique experiences with Sitecore products. You love what you do and have a natural desire to help others and share what you have learned.
You will be a key member of our team for growing and supporting our technical community, as well as advocating for the needs of developers to teams within Sitecore. We want you to join us and create excitement in the technical community for the possibilities that Sitecore technology offers.
As a member of the team you will participate in events and engage the internal and external technical community through online channels, workshops, meetings and user groups. By engaging you will create relationships with community leaders, influencers and (technical) partners.
This is a highly technical role with the mission of engaging and inspiring the broad community of developers. Public speaking will be a big part of your job and you will become one of the public faces of the company.
The developer advocate will:
- Deliver persuasive technical presentations during events around the world and through online channels.
- Build trust through active engagement with the developer community, learning about their successes and challenges, and advocating for their needs
- Show thought leadership and expertise by producing videos and authoring tech blogs, white papers, best practices guidelines, and other assets for both internal stakeholders as well as Customers and Partners
- Continuously keep up to date with latest industry trends and technologies
- Monitor the technical community for trends, best practices, and enablement needs
- Define, and create technical enablement material for internal technical audiences
- Drive technical engagement and early adoption with customers and partners leading to locally relevant wins.
The developer advocate supports different parts inside the organization:
- Facilitates sharing of strategy, messaging, and knowledge between sales, marketing, and product to ensure alignment
- Advocates for audience needs with other teams inside of Sitecore
- Supports enablement of internal pre-sales, solution architects, and professional services staff
- Participates in the yearly selection of the Sitecore Most Valuable Professionals (MVP)
The ideal candidate will have proven technical experience with:
- Front-end frameworks (Examples: React, Vue or Angular experience)
- Related technologies (i.e. Node/TypeScript/GraphQL)
- Web development, information architecture, and a DevOps culture and mind-set
The candidate is more awesome if:
- Experience working as a developer with WCMS, headless CMS, CDP, personalization, or other DXP products. Bonus points if this experience is with Sitecore Experience Platform, Sitecore CDP, or Sitecore Send!
- History with creating and publishing media assets (YouTube videos, podcasts, PowerPoint decks, etc.)
- Knowledge of multiple different programming languages and frameworks
Candidates should also demonstrate this non-technical experience:
- 3+ years Industry experience
- Superior communication skills with an ability to articulate key messages clearly and explain technical concepts to a wide variety of target audiences, including non-technical and deeply technical audiences
- Experience delivering presentations
- Results-oriented; committed to quality of product and service
- Ability to work in globally distributed (virtual) teams and being committed to never letting a teammate down. Work well independently and collaboratively
- After the current pandemic resolves: Ability to travel to attend global events, meetings, and conferences. Sitecore is an international company and serves a global audience.
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other local legally protected characteristic.